Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrogant customer is dead wrong and doesn't apologize!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrogant customer is dead wrong and doesn't apologize!

Surprising I know.
    Had old an fussbudget cheapskate couple walk in. The woman was kind of testy. When told her the rate, she flinched. When I told her no more single beds, her voice went flat and peeved off. But her hubby was a major dick hole.

Me: Keeps expecting quiet nights for some reason...
    DH: Dick Hole

DH: How can the rate be so much? I saw on the internetz for $89!

Me: Well I don't know about that but the computer is saying--

DH: I don't care what your computer says! I saw the on the internetz for $89 and I want that!!!1111

Me: Well I could look on our website-

DH: DOOOO!!!!!1111 I AM SURE I AM RIGHT!!!

So I look and the computer takes it sweet time pulling up the website, and looking up rates for tonight. DH is fuming.

Me: Soooo....our website says.....

DH: Yeah? Yeah?

I could he was just waiting to say I told you so. Wrong, idiot you just wasted my time.

Me: ....exactly what my computer said. Same rate. NOT $89.

DH: REALLY?! Wow. But I looked! and it said $89!

Me: Maybe...you looked at another website? Like Expedia perhaps?

DH: NO! It wasn't Expedia, what do you think, I'm an idiot?

I bit my lip.

DH: Anyway, does Expedia give $89?

Me: Maybe. I don't know. If so, you'd have to book through to get their rate.

DH: No I dont WANT to do that! I'm too@#$^@#$ tired! Just give me the best rate you have and make it snappy! *slams fists on countertop*

His wife: *grabs his arm* Calm down, [DH]. Remember your anger management classes! Remember your blood pressure!

I think he should ask for a refund for those.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Any price on the Internet is subject to booking on the Internet.

I always try and make reservations though.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Anger management classes? Seems he flunked it...LOL!

Comment

My preview screen showed the title as "Arrogant customer is dead" and I clicked right away. That's false advertising!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't know if it's pride, ego, or a mixture of a bunch of ignorance and idiocy, but some people would argue the dumbest things, insisting that they're right, even if you have proof they are wrong.

The last idiot I was seeing used to think he was right about everything.....and I could have sworn at times he just liked to start drama (I was most likely right). He thought anything that moved in the night sky was a UFO (don't even try to tell him that there are satellites all over), he tried to argue with me that you don't get the title to your car until you've paid for the whole thing (and he kept yelling at me "Then you better quit paying for your car then cuz you're wasting your money!") and he even has tried to argue that he read somewhere that BOTH of the Boston Bomber brothers are dead, despite a simple Google search would show that that's not true (I know, I know, and I know, and I KNOW that the net isn't the best source of info, but they all say the same story!)
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            I don't know if it's pride, ego, or a mixture of a bunch of ignorance and idiocy, but some people would argue the dumbest things, insisting that they're right, even if you have proof they are wrong.
            90% Ego 10% Stupid

That's how I call it, seeing the exact same behavior from people.

I've got your car for illegal parking, with a ticket on it for illegal parking, and photographic proof of the illegal parking that led to the ticket and tow. Yet, they're CONVINCED they didn't illegally park.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I bet the wife flinched because she knew what was coming. Wonder what the husband's anger management was. Maybe "serenity now!"
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I admire you. I probably would have burst out laughing at the "idiot" question.

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
                  I admire you. I probably would have burst out laughing at the "idiot" question.
                  That would have been damn funny!
                  Last edited by Nemesis44UK; 12-02-2013, 01:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
                  There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    But of course The customer is always right, even when they're dead wrong, no? ^_^

You're lucky, Arga -- you can just shut them up by saying that the parking lots' owners are your customers, NOT the people who got themselves towed.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                      Any price on the Internet is subject to booking on the Internet.
                      This, so much this. But that doesn't stop them arguing to get what they saw... I've even had people argue when I'm offering them a better deal!
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        This, so much this. But that doesn't stop them arguing to get what they saw... I've even had people argue when I'm offering them a better deal!
                        If they want to pay the original price ..and not the better deal...I say let them do that.
                        The coffee creamer section in my store sells heavy cream (used for baking and such) the package says heavy whipping cream, the "whipping" part often confuses them and they pay 40 cents more for a name brand that says just "heavy cream". Happens at least once per holiday.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          My preview screen showed the title as "Arrogant customer is dead" and I clicked right away. That's false advertising!
                          You too, huh?
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            he tried to argue with me that you don't get the title to your car until you've paid for the whole thing (and he kept yelling at me "Then you better quit paying for your car then cuz you're wasting your money!")
                            I've heard that some vendors/finance companies do it that way (especially in the "high risk" end of the market). My guess is that it makes repossession and subsequent resale easier if the title is in the name of the entity lending the money.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                            Once is happenstance, twice is circumstance, 3 times is board software programmed to recognize text that will attract attention if taken out of context and truncate it at the right point.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                              Anger management classes? Seems he flunked it...LOL!
                              I think it was taking too long for him and he blew his stack and quit in a rage.

Dude, if you saw it for cheaper on the 'netz why did you just book on the 'netz? At the bottom of most quote pages, it says, "Prices subject to change.." as well as, "Subject to availability." So... booking it then would have made more sense, been cheaper (If he was reading the right thing) and assured him a room.

Of course, this is subject to common sense and logic, which are in short supply. I really do wonder how the human race survives.
                              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                              X