X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'm not mad at YOU...

*sigh*

Don't you just hate it when a customer decides to berate you for over a half-hour concerning something the company did that you have no control over. And of course, to make it alllllllll better, the customer periodically spouts out with: "but I'm not mad at YOU..."

Then stop yelling at me!

I am not a manager. Hell, you'd do better filling out an online comment card (our company has an upper management person dedicated just to reading each and every one). But yelling at me does nothing more than uselessly vent your spleen into the air. I suppose it does waste the company's money via the time I'm getting paid to try not to let you stress me out, but that's about it.

Grrrr...

It's infuriating, yes, but worse for me is when someone is screaming at me, and I try to tell them that this isn't my fault and they're all like "but you're the cashier of course it's your fault!" I think they must get shopkeeper and cashier confused.

Comment

Yeah, I hate those. I can't change company policy or the law. And of course when you offer to transfer them to the supervisor they suddenly "don't have time for that."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There are times when I was incredibly grateful that I did not work directly with customers. Hearing customers in the background yelling at the bankers like you describe were those times.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

The road my station is on has recently been revised & updated by the local council. They've changed the parking arrangements, they've replaced all the paving, they've built a little tree-lined plaza.

So naturally, when some random idiot decided they didn't like how it had been laid out, they didn't try to talk to anyone at the council; they came & shouted at me in the station! I actually had to say "if you have a problem, you need to contact those responsible for the decision. That's not me, or anyone I have contact with, so you need to go now" - SEVEN TIMES - before they finally took the hint that I wasn't going to fix their issue somehow... And they still kept grumbling about it on their way out.

Bleagh.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            ... And they still kept grumbling about it on their way out.
            Like the peckerwood, I mean woodpecker whose forest was clear-cut. He kept flying around trying to perch on the trees that weren't there.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

[sarcasm] Of course they're not mad at you! The problem is that you got them! [/sarcasm]

When working at the repair center, I quickly clued in that the people that said those words were the ones that just wanted to complain. A lot. But they really didn't want to fix the problem, because that'd remove the reason for them to bitch. A lot. And not having anything to bitch about (a lot) is the end of the world to them!
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I always know that a customer is going to be an SC if they start their sentence with "I know it's not your fault, but..." and then launch into either a rant about petrol prices, or a rant about the car park not being free. Basically, they're saying, "I know it's not your fault, but since I can't put my big girl pants on and just deal with it, I'm going to bend your ear for the next hour bitching about why I think that sucks! After all, no-one else will listen to me, and you can't be rude at me or tell me to shut my piehole!"
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X