This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raincheck Rampage

So with the snow being expected tonight (there is no way I can stay til close, not with housesitting in the next town), yesterday was completely crazed. No real idiots, until this woman.

She shows up at 11:05 demanding a raincheck for toilet paper from a sale that started yesterday. Service desk closed at 10, you'll have to wait for MOD. She flies off...and comes back with the shelf tag. Not just the sale tag (that had just gone up that morning), but the regular (barcoded as it's needed for inventory) price tag from the shelf rail as well. Grocery Manager is gonna love that.

SC: "I want a raincheck!"
    Me: "The service desk is closed, I'll see what I can do. Wait at the register." SC buggers off someplace else. I finish closing down the SCO registers and pulling coupons.

Shift Lead P is in line in front of SC getting some last-minute groceries. I'm at the podium finishing pulling the change drawer for P, when SC grabs my arm (oh hell NO). She's been stalking me. I jerk back, shield the open drawer and instinctively snarl at her.

SC: "Have you found anyone yet?!"
    MOD *steps between the two of us*: "Step away from her right now. The desk is closed, you have to come back tomorrow morning."
    SC: "Great, it's going to snow tomorrow morning!" (no, it's not supposed to start until the evening)

SC then starts harassing P. Managers don't just carry around rainchecks; they're behind the service desk and I think there's an additional form to fill out as well.

P: "You can't remove the shelf tags."
    SC: "But how would you know what I want?"
    Me: "All you had to do was tell someone the item. You cannot remove the tags."
    SC: "But you need to know what I want!"
    Me, P: "You can tell someone what you want. You CANNOT remove the tags. That is defacing store property."
    SC: "I don't see why this is so difficult."
    We're all losing patience with this lady, fast. It's 11:15, I need to get across town to walk the dogs (it's freezing, and I don't want to be out in that area this late anyway) and P knows this.
    Me: "If you had asked when we were open someone could have helped you."
    SC: "I came up here before you closed!"
    P: "We closed at 11. You showed up at 11:05. Now we have been closed for 15 minutes and you are technically trespassing."
    As an added bonus, the shelf tags--having limited characters and space--are fairly cryptic in the item descriptions; it's far more helpful to have the customer say "The <brand> toilet paper that's on sale" rather than have to decipher it...so it takes longer to write the raincheck because I need to run back and check which one she wanted. Also, given that the two tags were separated from each other (shelf tag stuck on sale hang tag) we don't even know if the sale tag is for that item. I suspect they don't match. A normal customer would point out the item in the circular.

She ended up getting the raincheck, and was the subject of much bitching when we all punched out. MOD offered me a ride though which I wasn't expecting
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

It's only difficult because she made it that way. And all that over a raincheck for toilet paper??? Lady, it's all going down the crapper anyway....buy something else!!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      She ended up getting the raincheck, and was the subject of much bitching when we all punched out.
      So she got rewarded and that will encourage her to keep acting like a entitled bitch.

Comment

Exactly. While I do kinda see the POV of "we need to just get the crazy out of here", that creates the far bigger problem of SCs thinking they can pull that shit again and again. I swear that is at least 75% of the problems in this store (which the suits can't see--of course they blame the peons for 'not providing good service').

Some managers will bend over, some won't; and even if a shift lead won't do it, if the MOD is a bendy straw the SC gets their way anyway. Were it up to me, SC would have been tossed the minute she laid a hand on me with the open change drawer.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
          So she got rewarded and that will encourage her to keep acting like a entitled bitch.
          Unfortunately, yes.

Comment

Working...
          X