This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dem nasty northerners!

Random moment of the work day...some guy (with a heavy southern accent) randomly comes into the store and whines for a few minutes about "nasty northerners" and how rude they are while everybody down south is nice, then just leaves.

No idea why he decided to do that or who he was - I think he may have known my boss but I'm not sure.

And what would the equivalent comeback to that? Sucky southerner?
    Last edited by shopgirl15; 12-15-2013, 02:21 PM.

Perhaps his leading attitude is the problem? Nah, couldn't be...
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

When it seems everyone you meet is a jerk to you, consider who the common denominator was in all those conversations..........
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Ee damn reet lass we'll teach t'nancy suvvernes to treet us reet proper up north likes wot we deserved.Now go and put t'whippet in t'coalscootle,there's trooble up t'mill.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
          Random moment of the work day...some guy (with a heavy southern accent) randomly comes into the store and whines for a few minutes about "nasty northerners" and how rude they are while everybody down south is nice,
          Funny, when I lived in Arizona, I enountered an awful lot of extremely rude and bullying people. Up here in Oregon, rudeness is the exception, not the rule; most folks are pretty decent. Same as when I visited New York; they got to the point and didn't ramble on, but they were still polite, said "please' and "thanks" and all that.

Perception varies, it's true. And there are rude idiots everywhere. Usually the ones who complain the loudest about rudeness need to look at themselves on security video to see who's really being rude.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Nastiness is not confined to any one geographical region.

Alas.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              Ee damn reet lass we'll teach t'nancy suvvernes to treet us reet proper up north likes wot we deserved.Now go and put t'whippet in t'coalscootle,there's trooble up t'mill.
              Thank you for the laugh! I needed that!

Plus, the bolded part would make a real fine sig!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Nastiness is not confined to any one geographical region.

Alas.
                If it was, the problem would be so much easier to solve... *sigh*

As my mom says and I quote with cursing, "Assholes come in all flavors and types." I politely refrained from commenting on how she found this out...
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                  If it was, the problem would be so much easier to solve... *sigh*

As my mom says and I quote with cursing, "Assholes come in all flavors and types." I politely refrained from commenting on how she found this out...
                  Sounds like something my Mom would say and she'd tell you how she knows.

I'll leave the rest to your imaginations.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                  X