No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will NOT be putting up with this junk anymore. It has been MONTHS of quiet around here except for the occasional loud car engine which I'm used to. That doesn't bother me because mine is, too. But it is 12:50 am and for at least 20 minutes you have been pushing the dial up and down on that bass stereo while parked with the engine running. I am not moving because of people like you. I have fairly low rent, good neighbors on pretty much all sides (finally), and now have a washer/dryer. I'm staying put and you are not going to ruin that. If it's not your stereo and something's wrong with your car then HAVE IT TOWED SOMEWHERE. That's your problem, not that of everyone in this complex. Say hello to the boys in blue!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• It's TWO O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. Whyyyyy does it sound like you are moving furniture?!?

Comment

• So my apartment is situated down a short flight of stairs, and parking spaces are right outside my front room window. Which means if anyone sits there with their damn headlights on for 5,10 or 15 minutes they shine right in my eyes! Well the other night we had enough and my partner aimed a mirror at the lights. They went out so fast it was crazy, and they back into that space now. Not so pleasant when you have to deal with the blinding light is it?
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          So my apartment is situated down a short flight of stairs, and parking spaces are right outside my front room window. Which means if anyone sits there with their damn headlights on for 5,10 or 15 minutes they shine right in my eyes! Well the other night we had enough and my partner aimed a mirror at the lights. They went out so fast it was crazy, and they back into that space now. Not so pleasant when you have to deal with the blinding light is it?
          That's... brilliant!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            ... Well the other night we had enough and my partner aimed a mirror at the lights. ...
            That's one way of illuminating the problem.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I have sometimes fantasized about shining a laser pointer back out my car's window at the ****** who sit on my car's tail with their high beams on... Never done it, never will do it, but it's fun to fantasize about!
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                I have sometimes fantasized about shining a laser pointer back out my car's window at the ****** who sit on my car's tail with their high beams on... Never done it, never will do it, but it's fun to fantasize about!
                Get one of those scrolling message thingies with a pre-programmed message; something along the lines of "my speed = your safe stopping distance". No chance of getting arrested for potentially blinding the idiot behind you, and might make them back off.

Alternatively, install a one-way mirror in your back window with the mirror facing outwards.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• You can actually adjust your rear-view mirror to bounce their headlights back at them.

Comment

• I don't know who told you a treadmill in an apartment was OK, but they were WRONG. Thanks for waking me up out of a dead sleep. I've already talked to management and they don't care. I like having my own household but moving in with Mom when she gets here is sounding better. Neither she nor my nephew would pull this nonsense.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      I don't know who told you a treadmill in an apartment was OK, but they were WRONG. Thanks for waking me up out of a dead sleep. I've already talked to management and they don't care.
                      What time was this? If it was in normal day-time hours there's not much management can do about it, since running on a treadmill in your own home is reasonable. If it was late at night, though, record it if it happens again; the time-stamp and recording will be proof of what happened rather than he said/she said, and if management still won't do anything you can take it up the ladder in the company who owns the property.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• 6:30 this morning, or thereabouts. Management won't do anything. They know about the treadmill, told me about it. I don't like sharing living quarters but if I move in with Mom it eliminates a lot of this nonsense and helps her. She will need the rent. It's just hard to decide to give up 11 years of being head of my own household, you know? Plus she's looking at the city where my brother lives and that's further from my job. Not sure what I'm doing but I'm sick of apartment living. I'm not...apart enough.
                        Last edited by Food Lady; 11-27-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                          You can actually adjust your rear-view mirror to bounce their headlights back at them.
                          Not into their faces. I've tried. I can throw light back at their headlights, but I don't have enough range of adjustment to point it at their stupid faces.
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• You can also just look for a different apartment, with no external deadline looming.

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                              You can also just look for a different apartment, with no external deadline looming.
                              Problem is that I really like this one. I love my floor plan and balcony and the huge tree outside. I love that I have a thermostat in every living area. I like my walk-in closet and the 3 other closets outside the bedroom, not to mention the storage outside my patio door. It's hard to find these features at this price point. And most of the time the neighbors are decent. I just never know when one will pull something like this.

But I may need to move anyway because my mom's buying a house and she would be better off with my rent. Also, she's 69 so I want to be close by in case she needs anything. I will have to decide in the spring. There's a clause in my agreement that I cannot move in winter. I'm fine with that.

Comment

• Hey Food Lady I hear you on the problems with your Apt. for about 12 years I lived on the 1st floor of my building (6 building complex 3 floors each). The noise, the car noise, the yelling and screaming, the loud music and partying, squelling tires, the stomping on my ceiling their floor, the overflowing bathroom upstairs f'ing up mine, the busybody neighbors, kids using the walkways on all floors as their play space, the asses who "prank" called CPS on us a couple of times, etc.

The above is why I never wanted to ever ever ever rent again. I thank whatever Deity I was able to buy a house (not under the greatest circumstances but still).
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X