This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost time again!

Halloween is fast approaching. What are your ghost stories? Personal experiences, family stories/legends, things that happened to friends of friends of friends, the history of your house/school/town...

You know the drill. Let's make a big ol' ghost story thread!

Genuinely can't remember if I've told this one before.

Way back in the early 2000's, long before we moved a few counties over, my mum used to be manageress of a warehouse where donations were collated, sorted and sent out to charity shops.

For a few weeks weird things happened; a bed frame that were leaning at an angle against the wall moved upright and crashed over (barely missing the toes of one driver). If you were walking through the main warehouse, clothing rails would suddenly shoot out into the walkway, nearly hitting various people (and those rails were packed in tight, usually having to be wiggled out to untangle the castors). Neat stacks of boxes would suddenly collapse in front of people (and these were sturdy plastic tubs designed for stacking, not cardboard boxes).

Anyway, after few weeks things suddenly stopped happening. The next morning mum got a call from one of the shops; it looked like a break-in! The police were duly called, but were baffled; none of the outer doors had been unlocked and the alarm hadn't been turned off, but inside the shop it looked like everything had been thrown out from a central point; except for one clock that was sat on the shelf, right in the epicentre of the mess.

In case you were wondering, the clock had been in the delivery that was sent out to the shops the previous day. Nothing else ever happened, and the clock was sold a few days after it had been delivered.

Thankfully after the clock was gone the old (friendly) ghost settled back in again...
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

My house has a central hallway from the living room to the bedrooms. Shortly after moving into the house I was walking down the hall from the living room to the bedrooms. I walked through a woman ghost going in the opposite direction. I turned and she was gone. Only happened the one time.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I haven't experienced ghosts as such myself, but I did just read Seanan McGuire's new book Sparrow Hill Road, which, um, "fleshes out" one of her ghost characters (Rose Marshall) from the Price sequence. Warning, this one is full of tearjerkers.

Comment

All I've got is the Colonel, who hung out in my old (duplex) apartment where I lived for about 20 years. He used the attic as his stomping grounds, and never did much of anything but that. We knew it couldn't have been the neighbors, as a) he could be heard when the neighbor and his family were out of town at random times, day or night, while we were all in the same room downstairs, and b) the only way to reach the attic for the building was through a drop-down ladder on our side of the building (no access from the other apartment at all). After a while, we just got used to him clomping around up there and paid him no mind.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Any others? Huh?

Comment

Working...
            X