This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying something new

As many of you know, the odyssey of working in the hotel industry has taken it's tole on me. I honestly can't do it anymore and I'm leaving the industry. But the truth is, I don't want to do it at all anymore.

So I'm becoming a Virtual Assistant. To assist people from a distance with things like calendar and email management, internet research, customer service via online formats, data entry, database creation and updates, and more. I'm still going to offer Travel Assistance because of all the years of experience I have, but only in the hopes it will bring in some money while I get more experience in the rest. Web Design and Desktop publishing. I have a website and everything all ready.

It's time. I can't keep going the way I have been, and I can't keep being paid in the equivalent to pennies.

It's cheaper to hire a VA than it is to hire an employee since you'd only pay for what you need anyway, instead of equipment, insurance, benefits, etc. I'd be my own boss, have the ability to say yes and no, and work from home. A full time employee at $10 per hour is roughly $3200 per month when all the other costs are figured in not just the wage. It's cheaper to hire a VA at $30 if you only need them 8 hours a week at a total of $960 a month.

I just wish I had done it a long time ago. Now... to find clients.
    Last edited by Moirae; 10-31-2018, 07:55 PM.

Good luck! *sends good vibes and chocolate*
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
    X