This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Hey Vern! These fancy newfangled phones is bulletproof! Watch! I'll put one in muh breast pocket, and you take a shot at it, and I bet it don't go through!

Dibs on his truck.
    Well Nokias are pretty good at saving life's at least
    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Orgaloth View Post
      Unfortunately the lifeproof warranty card states that they won't be held responsible for any damage sustained to the phone and only to the case. It's on their website as well.
      Translation: "We don't stand behind our product and you're a fool if you buy it."
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I could not resist

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        The proper thing to do is to make them water resistant, but don't advertize it! Then, every time you can salvage something, it looks like a miracle!

Good thing they didn't advertize them as "bullet resistant" , I can just see it now:

Hey Vern! These fancy newfangled phones is bulletproof! Watch! I'll put one in muh breast pocket, and you take a shot at it, and I bet it don't go through!

Dibs on his truck.
        http://wonkette.com/549362/darwin-aw...t-happens-next

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2006-10.html

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1993-09.html

http://www.darwinawards.com/personal...al1999-19.html

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
          This is why I have a waterproof case (Lifeproof cases actually say waterproof, not water resistant). I think even if I had a phone that claimed to be waterproof, it would still be going in the case anyway. I do wish people would learn the difference between the two words. And yes, I still am careful about how much water it gets exposed to. Mostly it's just rain and showers.
          Oh my. The life proof cases. Those are hilarious. Wireless scs are so incredibly idiotic when it comes to these. The cases come with a giant orange sticker on the back which at the top, in all caps, reads "READ BEFORE PEELING OFF" then proceeds to instruct the consumer on how one must put the damned thing on, lest it not actually be water proof. Do they read it? NOPE!! They just peel it off, put it on in the most incompetent manner. I suppose they think sorcery has occurred just by purchasing the 85 dollar case and that their water woes are magically no more. Then they come back to the store after inevitably doing something stupid, flapping their flippers like retarded seals and demanding refunds, managers,corporate,etc... When I ask if they read the giant orange sticker which instructs them on how to put the case on it always ends the same. "YOU MEAN I WAS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO READ THAT!?!?! THAT RIDICULOUS." Yes, adult, you are expected to read instructions which are clearly designed to get you attention. Then, of course, it turns to "BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT IT ON FOR ME! WHY DID YOU PUT IT ON FOR ME!?!?"

A) I am under no obligation to do that
          B) it is a waste of my time and you are an adult, put your own damned case on
          C) Do I make commission by putting your case on? *hint* the answer to that question is identical to the answer to the question "will I do it?"
          D) Seriously, who in the hell do you think you are? Do you expect the condom company to come put on your condom before you use it? Are you going to throw a fit at the vendor because your dumb ass can't put it on properly?

I hate these people.

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
            It also doesn't help when the salesperson at the store tells you that since it is water resistant, "you can take a shower with it".
            I remember a commercial once, before nearly all phones had touch-screens, showing somebody reaching out of the shower to grab a phone, which was sealed in a Ziploc-style bag, so he could send text messages while showering. I rolled my eyes and was about to make a comment about being addicted to the phone and just leaving it alone for a whole 15 minutes when my friend's sister shouts, "That's BRILLIANT! I'm going to do that! That way I won't have to dry off my hands every time I want to text while I'm in the shower!"

I decided to keep my big mouth shut.

Quoth emax4 View Post
            The next generations of phones should be SC-resistant. Hey, we can all dream
            If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot.
            Sorry; make that "idiot resistant."
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              I remember a commercial once, before nearly all phones had touch-screens, showing somebody reaching out of the shower to grab a phone, which was sealed in a Ziploc-style bag, so he could send text messages while showering. I rolled my eyes and was about to make a comment about being addicted to the phone and just leaving it alone for a whole 15 minutes when my friend's sister shouts, "That's BRILLIANT! I'm going to do that! That way I won't have to dry off my hands every time I want to text while I'm in the shower!"
              Why would anyone need to read or send a text while in the shower?

That's just my rational mind reacting. Idiotic behavior is not rational and cannot be explained.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

That's just my rational mind reacting. Idiotic behavior is not rational and cannot be explained.
                UNLESS I'm being called to save the world from some calamity, then there's absolutely NO way I'm answering my phone in the shower.

There's a reason my mind is warped, BTW.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It is crazy, but there are specific situations where this could be helpful.

When I lived in a house that was on the market I brought the phone with me in the bathroom because realtors had a nasty habit of waiting until they were 5 minutes away to "schedule" a showing. I twice had realtors think the house was vacant and unlock the door and come in without ringing the doorbell while I was sleeping.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

It probably wasn't a text. It was a selfie.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      It probably wasn't a text. It was a selfie.
                      GAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm sick to death of selfies already, I for one do not want to see you in the shower.

Believe me, you don't look any different than anyone else standing wet in the shower, so get over yourself already.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        GAAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm sick to death of selfies already, I for one do not want to see you
                        I personally would have just stopped that thought there. Some of the guys at work 'let me see' (AKA pin me down and make me look at) the selfies on their phones on lunch break. Why do I need to see pictures of you, youre standing right in front of me? I can't wait for this to die off and the next stupid trend to start. I miss planking.
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          It is crazy, but there are specific situations where this could be helpful.

When I lived in a house that was on the market I brought the phone with me in the bathroom because realtors had a nasty habit of waiting until they were 5 minutes away to "schedule" a showing. I twice had realtors think the house was vacant and unlock the door and come in without ringing the doorbell while I was sleeping.
                          SCs by proxy.

They got clients wanting to see houses. The realtor doesn't get paid until their client buys, and the more houses they show, the more likely they'll get the sale. And even if they plan their showings, sometimes plans change on the fly.
                          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Orgaloth View Post
                            My Samsung and Sony reps keep telling my staff that the phones are water proof . Luckily I have them trained well enough to know better than that, and we warn the customers as such. Of course they don't always listen.
                            If you ever see the rep in person, fill a bowl with water then ask them for their phone.
                            "Buy why...?"
                            "You SAID these phones are water PROOF. Put your phone in the bowl so we know for sure."
                            "I... well..."
                            *ninja smoke*
                            "Thought so. There's the difference folks: I asked for proof and he became resistant."

Comment

Quoth Kaibutsu View Post
                              If you ever see the rep in person, fill a bowl with water then ask them for their phone.
                              "Buy why...?"
                              "You SAID these phones are water PROOF. Put your phone in the bowl so we know for sure."
                              "I... well..."
                              *ninja smoke*
                              "Thought so. There's the difference folks: I asked for proof and he became resistant."
                              Done it. In fact the rep wanted to do it. You need more than a bowl of water, or to leave the seals open.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                                The next generations of phones should be SC-resistant. Hey, we can all dream
                                By SC-Resistant, I hope you mean capable of detecting their SC-ness and rising up against them in violent revolution.
                                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X