Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over here, we could get whacked with a massive fine, plus a personal fine of £90 for the cashier themselves. The store could lose its licience and the cashier their job. So basically, SCs, I'm not about to take that risk.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would be tempted to ask this jerk, "Why should I take your word for it? That's not how the law works. Don't like it, take it up with the state legislature."

Honestly, is it THAT hard to have your ID on you?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Over here, we could get whacked with a massive fine, plus a personal fine of £90 for the cashier themselves. The store could lose its licience and the cashier their job. So basically, SCs, I'm not about to take that risk.
        I've actually told SC's this and they didn't even care. Me getting fined, maybe jail time, and losing my job is nothing compared to the sheer horror of having to fish their ID out of their pocket/wallet/wherever.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          But, he's that special mix of stupid and defiant, he's going to bend the world to HIS will one way or another and will NOT negotiate with rules!

His kind will pound themselves bloody against a brick wall, for if they can loosen one tiny bit of mortar, then they have won!
          "There's a place in the world for the angry young man
          With his working class ties and his radical plans
          He refuses to bend, he refuses to crawl,
          He's always at home with his back to the wall.
          And he's proud of his scars and the battles he's lost,
          He struggles and bleeds as he hangs on the cross-
          And he likes to be known as the angry young man. . . " -- Billy Joel

And nobody yet seems to have picked up on the fact that the OP works at a gas station.

So if this manchild seems to have forgotten his ID, how's he driving a car?

Comment

Like not having a license ever stopped anyone... :P
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"Ma'am, clearly he's not 18 or older since you still have to fight his battles."
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

What I've never understood is that if you're fairly young and you smoke, then you are likely asked for ID All. The. Time. So why the shock and awe about a business asking to see ID?

In my state, cashiers can be fined up to $10,000 for selling to a minor. Customers don't care, they just care that you're the person preventing them from purchasing their smokey treats or booze.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I thought of this thread today when I got to the check out at the red bullseye and realized that not only did I not have any ID on me (I wasn't buying age restricted items, but the I generally find it odd when adults don't carry ID), I'd forgotten my entire freaking wallet. So, I laughed at myself, went home, got my wallet and came back for my stuff, rather embarrassed about the whole thing.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I've done that a few times, since I switch bags depending on what form of transportation I'm using that day and how much I need to haul. I'm on the lookout for a bag that'll meet both sets of needs so I can simplify a bit.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                      ...the bizarre theory that ever saying NO to a child would be devastatingly traumatic and cause lifelong damage.
                      I hope so. This would mean I've caused devastatingly, traumatic, lifelong damage to many, many children. And I'm totally fine with that.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      I've had absolutely no problem telling people that it is not only my job to ask for ID for anyone I have even the slightest doubt about, but my legal obligation to do so.
                      The more people argue with me about the whole ID thing, the more I use the phrase "under the laws of the State of Florida."

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Don't like it, take it up with the state legislature."
                      I often use this, though I say "the folks in Tallahassee." Same thing.

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      And nobody yet seems to have picked up on the fact that the OP works at a gas station.

So if this manchild seems to have forgotten his ID, how's he driving a car?
                      Just because someone is in a gas station doesn't mean they are driving. I have been in gas stations on numerous occasions when I did not have my car with me. I was either getting around on my bicycle or on foot. And I've seen many skateboarders and roller bladers in gas stations as well. So, while I hate to defend the asshole in the OP, it is not a certainty that he was driving.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      I'd forgotten my entire freaking wallet. So, I laughed at myself, went home, got my wallet and came back for my stuff, rather embarrassed about the whole thing.
                      Happened to me once at my favorite sushi place. Went in, had dinner and a couple beers, got the bill, reached for my--

"Where the hell's my wallet?!?" It wasn't in the usual pocket. It wasn't in any pocket. What the--oh, crab, it must still be on my nightstand. And that's when it dawned on me that I had to have a very awkward conversation with my server. Luckily for me, I am a semi-regular and they knew me, and they said it was no problem. So of course I went immediately home, snatched my wallet off the nightstand, went straight back to the restaurant, and paid my tab. And of course, about a month later, when I walked back into said sushi place, the first words I was greeted with were, "So, did you remember your wallet today?" with a wicked grin. Bastards.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        I've done that a few times, since I switch bags depending on what form of transportation I'm using that day and how much I need to haul. I'm on the lookout for a bag that'll meet both sets of needs so I can simplify a bit.
                        If it's any help, what I do is keep a small handbag inside whatever backpack I'm using; just large enough for purse, keys, lipstick and mobile.

This handbag gets pulled and put in whatever bag I'm using that day (or at lunchtime if we're going to the pub!)
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

My problem would be remembering to switch said handbag between bags. I just really need to THINK when loading whichever bag is traveling with me that day.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

What I don't get is...if he went back to get his damned mother...WHY DIDNT HE JUST GET HIS ID? Argh!

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                              My problem would be remembering to switch said handbag between bags. I just really need to THINK when loading whichever bag is traveling with me that day.
                              I normally carry just one bag, occasionally switching into a smaller bag if I'm going out, so this isn't usually a problem for me. This weekend, however, I took a horde of teenagers to the beach and put my wallet into the beach bag, them promptly forgot to put it back.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                                What I don't get is...if he went back to get his damned mother...WHY DIDNT HE JUST GET HIS ID? Argh!
                                He probably doesn't have one, for whatever reason (lost, stolen, never bothered to get one, cops took it, etc.).
                                "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                                -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
                                X