This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because screaming is the solution

So one night last fall we had this girl check in. She was very pregnant and had a two year old with her. She was fine during the stay, but after checkout we noticed something rather odd on the floor of the room she was staying in. At least a whole bowl of gumbo or jumbalya had been been upended on the floor and rubbed into the carpet. Now, we assume this is the two year old, but since she can't be bothered to make sure her kid doesn't do stupid crap like that, we put her on the do not rent list.

So back she comes in a few weeks wanting to stay again. My husband informs her at the door that we won't be renting to her again due to the several hours of cleaning the carpet had to go through, at which point she yells "stop lying. I did not".

My husband gets insistent but is reluctant to touch her in any way (he's very big and him touching her even if its a light touch could be consider assault by the NOPD) so she works her way into the building and starts yelling in the hallway about how she dares him to touch her and she's going to call her six big brothers to come and kick his ass, and that she should call the police. My husband says "Don't bother, I'll do it for you" then tells me to call the police and I do so with the police hearing her screaming over the phone.

Never one to back down from a fight, at this point I get involved and the guests are starting to come out of their rooms to watch. So I stand up and look at her and say "Get out. You aren't welcome here" and point at the door. She comes into the office, screaming now, about how she dares me to "touch me bitch, I will kick your ass. Do it. Touch me, do it. I have a two year old and I'm pregnant, I can't do anything your saying I did" and presses her very pregnant belly to my rather overweight belly screaming in my face. And no, I didn't touch her, kept my arms carefully at my side. But I have no compunction screaming back at her that we don't want her there and that she needs to leave NOW.

The police arrive in maybe two minutes and the cop comes in to talk to her. He gets her to leave the hotel.

The guests now start coming down to the desk talking about how great we handled that. Our question is... if she had six bothers, then why was she staying at a hotel? She was a pissant local and her brothers probably won't put up with her crap.

Yep, all that because we said her kid messed up the carpet the last time she was staying and we refused to rent to her again.

Quoth Moirae View Post
    if she had six bothers, then why was she staying at a hotel? She was a pissant local and her brothers probably won't put up with her crap.
    Or they're figments of her imagination
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Now's the time to get a restraining order!

Comment

I suspect that it's a lie, along the lines of the familiar SC rant of "I know your boss!" which, she thinks, is going to make you give way.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

She had a very big chip on her shoulder, but she is part if what I call the "Local Dilemma". We had guests that live within blocks of the hotel that will come stay. I have seen this in many hotels that are independent,or in the suburbs/outskirts of a city. It is almost always a mix of methheads/prostitutes/drugdealers or something of the like. This has to be controlled, but we cannot discriminate against anyone...mostly. It never ceases to amaze me, how many local people want to stay here for stupid reasons, and then when they do something ignorant, from hooking to drug dealing, actually seemed shocked that we are booting them for it. They act like we are discriminating against them for some racial/gender/religious reason that is of course untrue. We never hold anything like that against a person, but I really don't tolerate hookers and crackheads as my honest paying guests should not have to put up with them, nor should my staff be endangered by their stupidity.
          And unto the I offer the 11th commandment of god, that whomsover calleth "Shotgun" shall heretofore and forever lay claim to that seat......until you have to pee!!-your friendly neighborhood Crucible

Comment

"I'm not discriminating against you because you're black/white/brown/whatever. I'm discriminating against you because I don't like you."
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

lol. Otakuneko, bingo. I discriminate against dumbasses.

Comment

Isn't it amazing how annoyed you can make idiots just by smiling at them? Always gives me a warm glow when I use a clear and firm voice, a pleasant smile, and just repeat myself.

Comment

Probably related to a guy we had when I worked at the motel. He stayed a couple times and every times his kids trashed the place -- food on the walls, in the carpets, etc. So we banned him. He got all in my boss's face saying "They're kids, that's what they do!" and "So [Motel Chain] discriminates against families now?" He actually bitched all the way to corporate. The complaint didn't count against us, as Corporate basically sent him an empty form apology with the politely-worded version of "STFU and go away".

At least he didn't throw as big a stink as your SC, though. Like, do they really think they're endearing you to serve them when they throw a fit like that?
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
                    Isn't it amazing how annoyed you can make idiots just by smiling at them? Always gives me a warm glow when I use a clear and firm voice, a pleasant smile, and just repeat myself.
                    Oh yes, the "be nice and smile" weapon. When I first started working retail, a colleague told me that the best way to react when a customer went bananas was to smile sweetly at them, be outrageously polite, and repeat why they can't have what they want over and over. Cuz what are they gonna do, make a complaint of "She kept smiling at me! And she was polite!"?
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      ... make a complaint of "She kept smiling at me! And she was polite!"?
                      But it was a crock-o'-smile!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                      X