Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did it become acceptable to swear at strangers? It's completely insane that there's the possibility of you getting in trouble for not wanting to hear the F-bomb 20 times in a row.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

And wow, even if you called the school they couldn't tell you if the daughter was a student and her enrollment status in most cases. What an ass.

Comment

Yes, and the statute is FERPA: the Federal Education Right to Privacy Act. Schools cannot release information about a student's academic status (including if they are full or part time students) without written consent from the student (or parent if underage).

Might want to keep that one in mind for the next douchewaffle that does this.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Why people like that think that by screaming at someone is going to help resolve their issue makes me shake my head. It's just going to make things more difficult AND the person trying to resolve the issue get on the defensive. I don't know about anybody else but when I get on the defensive It's like I put up a wall around me. May as well come back later when "Captain Kirk lowers the shields"...LOL!

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Yes, and the statute is FERPA: the Federal Education Right to Privacy Act. Schools cannot release information about a student's academic status (including if they are full or part time students) without written consent from the student (or parent if underage).

Might want to keep that one in mind for the next douchewaffle that does this.
            Not necessarily true sadly. I think different schools handle it differently and some may lock information down more but sadly, the one I work at spells out what is considered directory information and it's a bit insane how much info can be given out though luckily (since I don't feel comfortable giving out that information) I have been told by my bosses that I can tell people FERPA says I can't release that info. Most don't try and pursue it past me even when they bitch about it.

Quoth http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
            Schools may disclose, without consent, "directory" information such as a student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. However, schools must tell parents and eligible students about directory information and allow parents and eligible students a reasonable amount of time to request that the school not disclose directory information about them.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              I will be adding this to my list of things to provide to pissed off callers who can't get things through their heads. Thank you very much
              Fair warning, patiokitty, Sapphire Silk was quoting an American federal statute. As your location lists you as being in Canada, your local laws may vary.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

When I worked at the repair center, it wasn't uncommon for people to already be in yelling mode before I even pick up the phone. All yelling got them was scheduled for the next week (even if there was an opening for the next day) or if the item was in the shop for repair, it would get put at the end of the line for the day that was scheduled. I was also allowed to hang up on 'em if they cursed at me or threatened me/repair center.

The chronic ones got passed onto the manager. I wasn't paid enough to deal with that bullshit.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

He's going to end up six feet under at that rate. I'm sorry you had to deal with him.

Comment

Working...
                  X