This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Shall Not Pass!

Yes, SC; we are CLOSED. Get it? We are not going to reopen just cuz you couldn't organise yourself to go get petrol during our very long opening hours.

This SC drove in thru the back entrance of the petrol station after driving up to the cones, turning round and heading to the back. Cuz the cones are just pretty ornaments, right? They don't mean anything. I was locking up outside and he honed in on me and told me to open back up cuz he needed petrol.

See, I'm used to SCs who are operating on Customer Standard Time, who either knowingly or not, act as tho we are closing early and are denying them entry unreasonably. This guy, however, knew damn well that the petrol station was closed and figured that he'd come in and demand that I reopen just so he could fill his car up. He insisted it would only take five minutes. When I refused, on the grounds that we were closed and couldn't trade after closing time, he got nasty.

"You have to serve me!" he yelled. "I've spent loads of money here, and you have to let me in! Your manager is a friend of mine, and when I tell him you didn't let me in, you'll be sorry!"

Three things wrong with that statement. Firstly, we don't have to serve anyone. We can refuse service without giving a reason, and we can also refuse to let someone in after closing time. Secondly, I don't give a rat's arse how much money you spend here, this doesn't give you the right to ignore trading laws. And thirdly, our manager is female. So you can't know her very well if you don't know that.

I told him that I wasn't going to let him in, cuz we were closed and that was it. He continued to yell at me. I locked the last pump and started to walk towards the door. He shouted at me that he was going to sit right there and wait til we let him have what he wanted. I ignored him and went inside.

Later, when my colleague Lewis (a rather tall man) and I left, the SC was still waiting outside. Since I was no longer alone, but accompanied by Lewis, the SC didn't bother me. He was still waiting there when I left the store to go home, but obviously didn't recognise me out of uniform and in street clothes. I left a note for the morning staff (the manager Tessa was one of these staff) about the SC. Sometime during the interval between when I went home, and the morning staff arrived, the SC had the sense to go home. XD If he did make a complaint, I didn't hear anything about it.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

LOL

I know the manager, he is a good friend of mine.

The manager is female.

Maybe he is in such a foul mood because he can't find any women to date.

And he stayed even after you left the station? This guy has problems.

Comment

In the back room of my store we have a wooden baseball bat that has lived there for years. Along the side of it is written in black marker, "The Manager". A longtime running joke when speaking to a customer: "Would you like me to get the Manager?" Very useful if needed.

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
        In the back room of my store we have a wooden baseball bat that has lived there for years. Along the side of it is written in black marker, "The Manager". A longtime running joke when speaking to a customer: "Would you like me to get the Manager?" Very useful if needed.
        That's evil. I love it. Right up there with my jokingly labeling a 2x4 the wholesale club used to prop the doors closed "Complaint Dept." or "Attitude Adjuster."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I was waiting for the part when you told us all that the dude was still there the next morning lol.

Comment

Well, he said he wasn't going anywhere until he got his gas... so, see you at 7am, then?
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

This is downright delusional. "You have to serve me". Oh, really?

If the guy who came up with the line "the customer is always right" was still alive, he'd be in hiding cuz every retail worker in the world would be out to kick his ass.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                I was waiting for the part when you told us all that the dude was still there the next morning lol.
                I was quite disappointed when I heard that he wasn't. XD Would have made for an interesting story.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  That's evil. I love it. Right up there with my jokingly labeling a 2x4 the wholesale club used to prop the doors closed "Complaint Dept." or "Attitude Adjuster."
                  My personal favorite is the Hand Grenade, with the pin labeled 1. Sign under it says "complaint department, please take a number"
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Sure you do.

Fava beans? Check. Bottle of Chianti? Check. "Mr. Lecter, your dinner will be ready in an hour".

To paraphrase Startide Rising, I did not say who I would serve you to.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Wow. I'll have to tell Dave where he's been quoted. He loves being in social media! (I've known him since just before Sundiver was published. )
                      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                        Wow. I'll have to tell Dave where he's been quoted. He loves being in social media! (I've known him since just before Sundiver was published. )
                        The actual line from the book had "feed" instead of "serve" (one of the dolphins was able to get rid of a crazy Orca-cross pursuer by leading it into the lair of a nasty critter). My sympathies to him for what Kevin Costner did to The Postman.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          All stores here close at 9 on the dot on Sundays. I believe that's a town bylaw, and supercedes corporate.

Last Sunday, a woman barges in the doors at 9:20 and, upon being told by Shithead (ASM) that the store is closed, whips out her smartphone and smugly pulls up the webpage that says our store is open until 10 on Sundays. That's an error; we do and always have closed at 9 (although that may explain the influx of shoppers at 8:58...)

What does Shithead do? Stay and let her shop. The rest of us punched out and left, even if it meant a few extra bucks we didn't want to be a part of his madness. I don't know what time she finally left, but Night Crew Lead was fuming; they can't have pallet jacks on the floor if there are customers still in the building so they couldn't start. Also the alarm company gets anxious if it's not set by a certain time past closing...
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Sure you do.

Fava beans? Check. Bottle of Chianti? Check. "Mr. Lecter, your dinner will be ready in an hour".

"Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                            X