X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told You So

Okay.

So we have a guy who comes in who actually has a legit nickname in our store and everyone knows who he is just by us saying the nickname. I will just call him SC here but know--this guy is pretty infamous.

He doesn't say anything usually except "I want a bag" even when all he has is a slip for an order of a biscuit or toast. I have no idea what he does with all these bags. He ALWAYS glares at EVERYONE. There is no other expression for his face. One time he spoke to me and he asked me if I knew about something-something and I said that yes, I had heard of it. He laughed and asked where and I said, "It was in one of my college texts." He then proceeded to loudly tell me that everyone had an education these days and that my education "didn't mean shit."

The next day he came in and asked me what my major was in and I said History. He asked what sort and I said Contemporary Mexico.

The statement he makes at the end of this encounter comes from the context of the conversation but there was absolutely no excuse for this putrid sentence to come out of his face. It didn't FIT. It didn't GO. In terms of context, it was very loosely connected and it was OVERTLY sexual and INCREDIBLY creepy.

"I'll make you suffer, bitch."

I proceeded to awkwardly laugh VERY LOUDLY to get him to leave me the hell alone. I told the cop who comes in about it and about how damn creepy the guy was and the cop essentially said that there was nothing he could actually do about it and if it "got worse" to tell him and he would do something about it but that he couldn't do anything about some creeper into BDSM hitting on the gas station clerk. It didn't qualify for harassment until he said it more than once.

Well--it got worse. But not to ME. The other day my female coworker asked him if he needed something else and he replied, "A blowjob."

Another female coworker of mine was subjected to his awkward and creepy opinions on sexuality.

He would get in line behind women he found attractive (after waiting for them to come in) and try to "flirt" with them and make them feel so uncomfortable that they would say to our clerks "How dare he say that to me?"

SO.

Our manager told him to get lost. He argued with her and by the grace of God she managed to withhold herself from punching him right in the mouth. This a woman you do not trifle with.

I haven't seen him back yet but the cop said he's going to stop in every day and if he can possibly witness this stuff happening, he's going to nail him to wall with everything he can.

The manager needs to ban him and get a no trespass letter. Then if he shows up again, he can be arrested.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow. Guy's got serious issues. What a creep!

Comment

Wasn't what he said to you threat enough to ban him??? The store can call the police, press charges for harassment and ban him; the officer doesn't have to witness anything himself, so I don't know where he's coming from. Any chance you can get audio recording of his comments?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Not this guy by any chance

the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

What's Tony Abbott doing in a gas station?!!?!?
            Last edited by MadMike; 07-22-2014, 09:03 PM. Reason: Did you HAVE to quote the image???
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              What's Tony Abbott doing in a gas station?!!?!?
              Trying to light a smoke?

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                Trying to light a smoke?
                get him out of there!!! You don't know how much hot air he's expressed already1!!!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  Wasn't what he said to you threat enough to ban him??? The store can call the police, press charges for harassment and ban him; the officer doesn't have to witness anything himself, so I don't know where he's coming from. Any chance you can get audio recording of his comments?
                  Corporate still considers him a "customer." We all know where that ends up.

Comment

So what? Corporate wanting to retain a customer doesn't mean the employees don't get to have a safe workplace.

Document dates, times and specific comments and send them up the chain. The company would be in deep shit if this turd did something bad to one of the employees, and corporate refused to ban him.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                      Corporate can go to hell! Allowing their staff to be subjected to this dickhead's bullshit is creating an unsafe work environment - who knows what this whackjob will do next? I wouldn't trust him at all, and if something happens to you or one of your fellow employees at this douchewaffle's hands then corporate better be willing to cough up some serious cash AND to expect to be dragged through the mud by the media.
                      They pretty much won't do anything until he murders one of us. We've been followed while driving by people (can't prove it and it's not on their property so they don't care), we've been cursed at, threatened, stalked, forcibly sniffed, etc etc etc.

Management and corporate have a "get over it" stance on all of that and think that it's just part of working in retail at a gas station. Having people harass us is something that we're expected to live with and told about in training. I've been screamed at, had things thrown at me (a gallon of orange juice!!!) and perverts telling me that I should come home with them, etc etc etc.

But this guy will become an issue because he had been starting to harass other customers. So if they do anything about him, it won't be because he was harassing US. It'll be because he's harassing other customers.

ALTHOUGH: Our supervisor told us to get his information and that she would call him.

So...I mean if you got a call from uppers at a company telling you that you were being inappropriate........?

I'm just afraid of him being mad enough to take us all hostage or mow us all down with a semi-auto. He's that friggin' creepy. I mean I'm plenty creepy sometimes but this guy just takes the freakin' cake in the creep department.

Comment

Pardon my French: the people running your company are fucking retarded. Stupid employees, thinking they have RIGHTS! The right to a safe workplace? The very idea! Next thing you know they'll want to be paid for their work!

If this guy actually does molest somebody or hurt or kill somebody, the company is dead meat. Nobody will work for a company that doesn't value its employees' safety, and nobody will want to shop there if they think it's possible some creepazoid will harass them or hurt them there. This goes for every store in the company. The media feeding frenzy that happened once word got out they knew this guy was bad news and didn't care will take them down.

Again I would document specific comments, actions, places and times, and send them up the chain. If, for no other reason, to prove you had concerns if the unthinkable does happen.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If the company won't act, and the police won't act (in regards to the general harassment, not just this specific case), start documenting things and inform OH&S/whomever, and the local media.

If you have access to the security system, or can sneakily hide your own camera someplace, consider posting incidents to youtube/tumblr/other social media. Ensure that which store and which clerk are unidentifiable, perhaps by pixeling yourself out, because you don't want to risk being fired.

If the relevent authorities won't act, appeal to the masses.

(NOTE: posting to social media is likely to have quite a number of consequences. Think hard before doing it: but if you can't get safety any other way, well - better to have consequences from social media than to be killed because of corporate inaction.)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                            Trying to light a smoke?
                            In his budgie smugglers
                            the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
                            X