This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Woes

Not really a sucky customer story, but one of sheer stupidity and arrogance nonetheless.

So I'm at work on a lovely Sunday afternoon, the only one in the shop, and it's dead quiet. We're a small shop, and on warm days we often prop open the front door to enjoy the breeze. It also allows us to hear what's going on outside, and if something sounds interesting, you know I'm going to walk over the door to take a peek.

I hear a car coming down the street, and I know it's likely driven by young males, (no stereotype intended), as the bass beat coming from the car stereo can been heard and felt a block away. Sure enough, a sports car pulls up, complete with two guys in their late teens/early twenties.

Now there are only four or five cars on the street, two parked right in front of our store with about a car-and-a-half-length between them. Both cars are empty. Anyway, the driver of the sports car must have felt the need to hone his parallel parking skills, as he parks between the two cars (there are no other cars on the street, lots of parking). No problems yet, and the guys in the car hop out and head across the street to the neighborhood Subway restaurant.

I go back to work, and about ten minutes later hear them come out and head back to the car. They hop in, I hear the car start up, and a second later hear a loud THUD. I got to the window to look, and see them hop out of the car to inspect the damage inflicted by their car backing into the one behind them. I think about going out to help, but as soon as I hear the language they're using, I decide it's safer to stay on the sidelines:

Driver: "F***, I hit the d*** car. Looking at the f****** bumper. It's f******* smashed!"

Passenger: "Sh**, you're screwed! Look at the other f****** car. It's going to cost $1500 to fix it."

Driver: "F***, my insurance just went up. I'm f******!"

This colorful exchange went on for awhile, until the two decided it was a good idea to leave without reporting the accident, since they think no one has seen what happened. Forget the loud crash, and their decision to discuss it on a main street. They hop back into the car, and start to peel away, only to nick the back bumper in the car in front of them as they pull out of the parking spot.

I managed to get the license number of their car before they drove away, and gave it to the other drivers when they returned. Turns out both of the Subway employees saw and heard the whole thing as well.

Hopefully the two asshats who thought it would be a good idea to take off from the scene of an accident will get a large fine and even higher insurance rates now.

Brilliant!

Hmm, not just a fine, but isn't that illegal? They'll be lucky not to get arrested. I'd love to hear a snippet of THAT conversation
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

They'll be lucky if their insurance company keeps them or not and if they don't get arrested, but I can't wait to hear what happens next.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Hmm, not just a fine, but isn't that illegal? They'll be lucky not to get arrested. I'd love to hear a snippet of THAT conversation
        That, in the states, is a textbook example of Hit-and-Run. They did damage, know they did damage, and left without leaving contact information. If the damage is enough, it could even be that old favorite: Felony Hit-and-Run. I hear felonies are all the rage with the gangsta raps dudes these days...
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I never heard back from the police or the people who's cars got hit, so I'm assuming that it got settled privately. I'd like to know what happened too though!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            That, in the states, is a textbook example of Hit-and-Run. They did damage, know they did damage, and left without leaving contact information. If the damage is enough, it could even be that old favorite: Felony Hit-and-Run. I hear felonies are all the rage with the gangsta raps dudes these days...
            I'm sure THAT would make them a big hit in the Big House.

Con1: I got put in here for knifing a guy in a barfight. Bastard had it coming... he stepped on my foot, and he was... I dunno, just askin' for it. You?

Con2: Got caught sellin'. Had a sweet setup too... grow-op in the basement, coupla ho's to screen the buyers... fuzz got wise and stung me. What about you?

Hit-And-Run-Guy: I... uhhh... backed into a parked car, and then drove off without reporting it.

(Con1 and Con2 look at each other, then back to HARG)

Con1: Yo... guess we know who the bitch is around here!
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
            X