This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wagegoth View Post
    a lot of the time you'll note that I write or say SF instead), and, frankly, SF ain't what it used to be -- but then, what is? I used to like Berkeley, but I avoid it now, too.

I've never run into a celebrity in SF. The tech biggies are down here. Steve Jobs had lunch down the street a few months ago at Francis Ford Coppola's restaurant/wine shop. Larry Ellison was deposed at my previous firm. I used to have John Chambers' home phone and fax number -- really nice, personable man, by the way. These people are a lot more interesting to me than the socialites up in SF.
    Heh, when I see SF or SFO, I don't think "San Francisco (Opera)". I think "Santa Fe (Opera)". And I actually have come across celebs there! We had lunch with Randy Travis one time at La Casa Sena....he was there having lunch, we were there having lunch, soooo....

We've seen Brian Dennehy (still has a home there), cast of Earth 2. And we see a lot of opera stars, too.

The funniest one was when we were eating at The Shed. This bunch of guys comes trooping through, had obviously been out hiking. My mom is sitting there, "That one guy looks really familiar?" Yeah, mom, that's Val Kilmer. He has a ranch in Pecos (which he opened up for people to put their horses during the Cerro Grande fire in 2000).

The whole reason celebs seem to like Santa Fe is that they get treated like normal people.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Anybody shortens San Francisco to San Fran ? I've heard it / read it in a few shows / books, and I think it sounds nice. But does anybody use that in real life ?
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

How exactly do you decide who can and cannot buy toilet paper and/or eggs?

Is there a warning list?

You're loud - no
        You're more than one teenage boy - no
        I don't like you - no

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
          Anybody shortens San Francisco to San Fran ? I've heard it / read it in a few shows / books, and I think it sounds nice. But does anybody use that in real life ?
          It's the new version of Frisco, but not quite as annoying.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
            I'm a travel agent and I occasionally say 'san fran' when recapping an itinerary. Saves me time.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
              How exactly do you decide who can and cannot buy toilet paper and/or eggs?

Is there a warning list?

You're loud - no
              You're more than one teenage boy - no
              I don't like you - no
              I think it's just based on age, the amount of stuff they're buying, whether they're buying anything else (which they weren't), and probably the time of night.
              "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck." - Doctor Who

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                It's the new version of Frisco, but not quite as annoying.
                Not quite new, but new to some people, I guess. It's a cyclical thing.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                X