This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details are sketchy

This is a sucky customer story, though it doesn't start out like one.

Today was my day off. I was out running some errands, and while I was gone, my wife took a call from my store's operations manager.

It seems that the edited schedule I turned in has been lost, and needs to re-done.

Early in the week all the department supervisors get computer-generated schedules for their department. We make necessary changes to conform with reality. We turn in the edited schedules and the ops manager enters them into the system on Fridays.

Apparently the manager was on his way to enter the schedules when he was called to deal with an unhappy customer. It seems he was unable to resolve the customer's complaint satisfactorily; and as a result, the customer seized the entire stack of schedule forms and stormed out the door with them. This is all I know. Further details will have to wait until I arrive to work my shift tomorrow (because the ops manager left for the day before I got the message).

My second reaction (after "Wait....what???") is to be a little concerned. The schedule forms have all the employees' first and last names, as well as the times they'll all be working. Hopefully he didn't have a problem with a particular employee.

I have doubts whether this will ever turn into a story that actually makes sense, but as I get more details, I'll pass them on.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Sounds to me that said SC needs to be reported to the police for theft. There's personal information (admittedly, only a little) on those forms that they walked out with.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Wow! He sure showed your company.

Not.

People are just nuts!!!
      For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
      http://atriumforum.com/
      Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

I have to agree with Eric the Grey. Your company could technically charge that customer with theft. Does anyone know the customer in question well enough to locate the customer?
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I once had a customer try to grab some printouts from me. I was in the offices upstairs to print out a few new price lists, plan-o-grams(grrrrr) and future sales plans. As I am walking back a SC stops me. They as a question about if we carry a specific item. I knew that the item in question was back ordered by the mfgr and we hand no specific date on its return. I tell the SC this.

She says "yes you do, that what those papers are" and tried to grab the from me. She didn't and I repeated the answer and walked away.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
            Sounds to me that said SC needs to be reported to the police for theft. There's personal information (admittedly, only a little) on those forms that they walked out with.
            Not only that but hello fuel for stalking. Now this person, and who knows who else they might share it with, knows when people will show up and leave. I feel edgy just thinking about that, it's bad enough people know when stores close but specific names on specific dates?
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

The additional details:

The customer was attempting to return a special-order custom HD-video cable, purchased last August. He claimed it didn't work. Our manager placed the stack of schedules on the counter to take the cable and test it. He found nothing wrong with the cable, so he refused the refund. Several witnesses agreed that the customer's outraged screams could be clearly heard in every part of the (45,000-square-foot) store.

The customer was asked to leave, and snatched up his receipt and order paperwork, along with all the schedules, then marched out the door. It's not clear whether he knew he was taking more than his original paperwork; my manager thinks he knew he was grabbing stuff that wasn't his, but didn't care.

My managers joke: we'll give all our employees this customer's phone number. If anyone needs to know when they're working next, call him and ask.
              Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Quoth KaeZoo View Post
                The customer was asked to leave
                Hooray! No one gave in to him, even if he was throwing a tantrum that a two-year-old could be proud of ... Did he throw himself on the floor too?

Quoth KaeZoo View Post
                My managers joke: we'll give all our employees this customer's phone number. If anyone needs to know when they're working next, call him and ask.
                I'm sure that'll be an on-going joke for awhile ....
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

pleas tell me that that is posible - worst case scenario he calls the police for harassment and you can mention he stole your paperwork

Comment

Quoth KaeZoo View Post
                    The customer was attempting to return a special-order custom HD-video cable, purchased last August...

With an order like that, it can't be too hard to track down the specific customer. Unless the custom order is one that's regularly ordered.
                    Last edited by Crawley; 06-29-2008, 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling
                    If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
                    X