Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We get the idea, get the idea, we get it etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We get the idea, get the idea, we get it etc.

Not a cursing out coworkers, but a very funny management issue.

So with the recent fad known as planking, obviously my work does not want anyone to do it-y'know, safety and all that. ANYWAY...they placed up a sign against planking on the staff exit door (where people arent going to read it), then on the locker-room doors (where we DO read it).

Here's roughly what the sign says (I'm paraphrasing since I don't have it in front of me)

Attention staff,

With the recent craze in planking, we do not allow staff to undertake planking while on the clock. Anyone caught planking or encouraging staff to plank will be severely punished in accordance with store policy. If you wish to plank outside of work, that is fine, but please don't do it in uniform. With the recent craze in planking, we do not allow staff to undertake planking on the lock, anyone caught encouraging planking will also be punished.

Thank you.

The bolded parts are pretty much identical. I really don't know why they needed to take 2 sheets to pretty much repeat the same thing

When I can get a copy, I will repeat it word-for-word.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

This old fogey has absolutely no idea what planking is. I'm presuming it is NOT forcing SC's to walk a plank into a pit of starving alligators?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planking_%28fad%29

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        This old fogey has absolutely no idea what planking is. I'm presuming it is NOT forcing SC's to walk a plank into a pit of starving alligators?
        I wish.

Planking is where you're lying face down in an unusual location and someone takes a photo of you doing so. A bunch of girls at a private girl's school in my state recently got suspended for planking on a flight of stairs.

I just found it amusing that they had to repeat their point TWICE...
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Why did nobody tell me about this game earlier? I think I could compete rather effectively.

Rapscallion

Comment

That is one of the most amusing Wikipedia articles ever.

Comment

That has to be one of the most pointless things I've ever heard of.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I honestly thought this was some kind of trolling when I first heard about it.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  That's why I want to participate.

Location, location, location.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, hey, you could technically do it all you like, since afterall, until someone takes a picture of you doing so, it isn't planking, it's simply lying down.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

You mean I have been planking my couch this whole time? Who knew?
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        That's pretty much what I was thinking.

And Fireheart, my guess is that they repeated it because they're "making a point." As if you couldn't figure that out from the first time they said it, but hey, you know, it's management.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

How can you tell the difference between "planking" and "too drunk to roll over"?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The worst thing, and likely the reason the OP's place is making rules, is that there have been a couple of deaths involving planking. The one I remember is the idiot who was planking on the edge of the roof of a building and fell off. Several story drop, if I recall right.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Planking is old. Vertical planking is the new craze, especially in front of landmarks while smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X