X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konnichiwa

Strange day.

Gas pump # 2 started displaying the prompt messages in Japanese!

Reloading the DCR (programming) didn't work. I had to cut power to it, and then turn it back on to get back to normal. Strangest thing I've ever seen in the gas station business.

And with that I say sayonara.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Did the receipt say "Turning Japanese
    I think I'm turning Japanese
    I really think so"?

Comment

I'm guessing the pump was perhaps made in Japan?
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

It's possible that the display unit was made capable of displaying both English and Japanese, and a glitch put it into Japanese mode. The rest of the machine was still sending it English messages, but it came out as nonsensical Japanese characters instead.

Comment

Very possible. It did cause the pump to shut down, and not pump, though.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I think the pump was bucking for a promotion by pointing out that it's bilingual.

Comment

Working...
            X