No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depends on how you define crazy... I think everyone is crazy (to varying degrees), some just do a better job of hiding it than others.

Why do school enrolments have to take forever to sort out? I now have a meeting next week to discuss speech support for my Miss Jazzy, at the school we've applied to send her to, without any answer on whether she is or isn't successfully enrolled! They can only tell me at or after the meeting, not in a letter like everyone else.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• snailer mailers can go to hell. my elbow hates me. Hubby and I stuffed and labelled 1670 envelopes in the last 2 days. I have to send it all through the postage meter tomorrow.

Also whoever invented the trifolder machine should be sainted.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
        Six months of unemployment.
        Me too. Well, in two weeks, or it has been 15 months if you count the months where I was ill.
        I was insured, which in Denmark give me two years at a relatively high pay (90% of minimum wage or my last wages, whichever is highest).
        I miss having something to do, though.

Comment

• Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
          damnit are all women batshit crazy? or is it just my gf i'm seriously getting sick of this shit
          No, we're all not. Really.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I'm getting the best boots in the whole wide world this weekend!

*edited* I got my awesome boots! yay! Look a ugly picture I took! I know, I know. I'm a photographer, but I'm a tired one so I have a badly done one.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Squeaksmyalias; 05-15-2011, 03:15 AM.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• This only really matters to fans of the Avatar TV series. I happened across a group shot of the main team at the end, with the four benders, and something dawned on me. Its probably intentional, but its the 5 elements of Wu Xing.
              Aang - Air
              Zuko - Fire
              Toph - Earth
              Katara - Water
              Sokka - Metal (no bending, but uses the sword and boomerang)
              Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
              Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

• Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
                I'm getting the best boots in the whole wide world this weekend!

*edited* I got my awesome boots! yay! Look a ugly picture I took! I know, I know. I'm a photographer, but I'm a tired one so I have a badly done one.
                Oh, me likey!

Comment

• This damn cold is kicking my ass.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• I just realised how different the contents of my fridge, freezer and pantry are to the ones I grew up with. I feel kinda awesome now!

Comment

• Went to the doctor for follow-up on gallbladder. He thinks it should come out, too. Bleaaah.

On a side note, it turns out I'm 11 lbs lighter and 1.5 inches taller than I thought I was.

Comment

• I've went and counted it up. I have been in 13 vehicle accidents in my life. Only one of which was I actually behind the wheel of a vehicle (and none at which I was at fault).

2 With 'Jimmy' was a 'cousin in-law', but they are no longer together. One time we were going down a hill..and saw the wheel of the car we were in pass us..that was fun.

1 I was driving.

3 With my parents behind the wheel. Once their fault, the other two other people's fault.

3 With my one of my brothers .. lets call him J .

2 with another of my brothers...lets call him W.

1 with my cousin 'Ron' whos favorite thing to do was take both hands off the wheel to light a cig.

1 with my cousin 'V', who had a wasp fly into his nether region, freaked out, and slammed my side of a car into a concrete barrier.

Note to others. I am a jinx when in a vehicle.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I spent yesterday mowing the lawn. There were dandelions, and after I was done, they were cut.

Or so I thought.

Today when I get home, I see several bright yellow dandelions, standing tall and proud and defiant, like Mother Nature's Middle Finger.

Dandelions know how to duck, I swear.
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I let some dandelions grow in my garden, free greens for the guinea pigs.
                            Speaking of which, poorly piggy's wound cleaning must have really made her jump this morning, never seen a guinea pig poo so much in one go!
                            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• I just started job hunting for the first time in years! *hides*
                              I was hoping my old boss would have a vacancy, but no such luck. I do have a glowing reference letter from him though, and one of my ex co-workers as another reference, so here's hoping I find the vet nursing traineeship I'm looking for (they're hard to find over here).

Comment

• -I am on Morphine and probably make no sense on here.

-It is hard to walk up the thirteen stairs to go upstairs to the bathroom or bedroom. My left knee likes to give out, so the guys take turns on helping up and down them. I think it's great I can go from surgery to almost walking up all those stairs without any physical therapy.

-Who is the misogynistic asshole who invents a brace that squishes the girls to hell and back?

-Don't make me smack you with my walker!
                                Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                                X