Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He Doesn't Work Here Anymore. Deal With It.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know! Hang up a sign that says, "We prepare excellent food. Just like Ryan used to make."

Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ryan's no longer with us, but would you care to try our new menu item, Soylant Green?
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

How about, "Ryan? There's no Ryan here. There's never been anyone here called Ryan, and I've worked here years."

They won't believe that when it is true, so maybe they will when it is not. (Ya, right!)
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Or what about "Yes, Ryan was the best dish-washer we ever had!"
          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            I know! Hang up a sign that says, "We prepare excellent food. Just like Ryan used to make."

I love it! Although everytime I hear "Ryan", I always think of Bioshock.

Comment

I'm Ryan, and so's my wife!

Comment

I personally think the perfect response would be to have all the workers there change their nametags to say Ryan.

Comment

Quoth EricD View Post
                  You should tell them that Ryan quit years ago.
                  Kinda reminds me of TBBT where Leonard finally confesses to Sheldon that the chinese food he'd been eating for the past year + had actually been another restaurant and that they'd just switched boxes on him.

I'm wondering what would happen if you told them the truth though. But they'd probably start imagining things wrong with the past meals.

I had an aunt like that. She felt stuffing could only be made one way and that it was terrible any other way. So Mom let her believe that the stuffing was the way she wanted it... I asked Mom why she didn't tell the truth, but Mom explained, "If I did that then she'd start finding fault in it. " (even though my aunt praised the food while eating it).

Comment

Working...
                  X