Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You worked for the lottery corp? Do tell! (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You worked for the lottery corp? Do tell! (Long)

Ooh. This lady was hilarious. She was a loud, mouthy and complaining bint of a turdmuffin. She wasn't initially such a rotten tooth. Things started out polite, then moved quickly to appendectomy minus Novocaine.

Lets call her Bicuspid.

So, Bicuspid was (Apparently) one of our regular customers. I had never seen her before, neither had my coworker, but she apparently came to buy lottery from my boss often. Earlier that week she'd won on a ticket but neglected to pick up her winnings and left and my boss was kind enough to keep the winnings on the side to give to her under the assumption that she'd pick it up on Sunday.

Well, she came. All of her goose stepping glory. She was polite. Mostly. Today's witnesses were me and awesome co-worker 2.

The first warning bell came as she discussed the person who held the winnings for her. My assistant manager was the one who called her, but Bicuspid said that she was really rude on the phone. Something about being really busy and put her on hold.

Lets run over the facts. Friday was one of the busiest days we have had in a long time. Imagine the local beer and pontoons anonymous lodge got wind of a pint a penny sale down at the local LCBO and rushed over in their drunken flotillas to take advantage. Then age them by 40 years, add in mothballs and dirty dentures, flick the unwashed switch and fix a drunk hyena's teeth to their dainty parts for added irritation. We were so busy our mid-day drop of cash was in the quad digits and divisible by stupidly huge, and by the end of it my nerves and muscles were frayed. I didn't want to see another wrinkled nose for a good long while, and judging by our other customers' attitudes, neither did they.

If Bicuspid was there, she would have seen how busy we were. Rude? Imagine my AM having the courtesy to call her during the work equivalent of a life insurance broker's in-box after rapture. That's not rude. That's damm nice.

Swing! Steerike one!

Second, any lottery tickets we check need to be returned to their purchaser. She had a stack, and wouldn't have anything to do with the leftovers. Nope. Nada. She claims that she worked in the OLG (Ontario Lottery and Gaming) and that a simple tap on the receipts and checked tickets is enough for us to throw them out ourselves.

Lol.

Here, we return the tickets. It actually says in the training manuals that we have to give EVERYTHING back. If she worked for the OLG, she would know that.

Swing and a miss! Steeeerike Two!

We bantered for a bit but Bicuspid was holding steady. I put the matter down, preparing to bring it back up when she prepared to leave.

Third, after ordering lottery, (Ugh) Mags, (Yucks) and poker tickets (Double ucks!) she asks us to ring in everything but the poker tickets. Reason is, she wants to see if she wins before she purchases more.

Now, Poker is an instant win ticket on top of a daily draw. Due to this, before we print off a ticket we need to receive payment in full. IN FULL. No compromises. I made the mistake of printing off a ticket before I got payment (True accident. Muscle memory hit the button.) and my proverbial bottom was paddled. So, never again. I never print off a poker before I get payment. Everyone is drilled on this on day 1.

So, when awesome co-worker 2 said we need the money first, She frowned. Not the unhappy frown, the IEEEMGONNAKEELYOU frown. She began shouting at us. Shouting, I dare say, about how we were horrible people, how everyone else prints off pokers before they get the money, etc etc etc.

Ok, to digression: If she, once again, worked for OLG, she would know that poker tickets MUST NOT be printed off before blah blah blah, yeah yeah.

Bicuspid, sit down, have a toffee, and get the tar out of your head. Why are you arguing about a stupid ticket? Is the world going to fall on your head? Is god, the creator, Allah, Buddha or whoever you believe in gonna descend from the sky, ass first and smile as your choice winning ticket disappears up his cavernous sphincter if you pay before you play?

At this point, customers behind her were laughing at her. To be honest, I was about to laugh too, and my co-worker, doing a splendid job at keeping Bicuspid at bay had a hint of a grin on her face. Bicuspid, sensing defeat, told us to take the pokers off the purchase list and stomped off with her gains, along with a promise to call head office on us.

Swing! Steerike 3! She's outta there!

Now, if Bicuspid truly is a regular I expect to hear from my boss soon, but co-worker of awesomeness number 2 is my witness and co-pilot. I have nothing to fear, and to be honest I want to talk to my boss about this. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it.

Aaand Game!

EDIT: Regular my muscular buttocks. Nobody in the store knows her. :P
    Last edited by ackmeow; 03-05-2012, 07:04 PM.
    Go for the eyes!

Yeah, right. If this woman worked for the lottery, then she would know how things work in this situation. Someone else trying to butter up their past experiences so they can try to relate to you? Nice try!

Comment

I don't know how the OLG handles this, but normally (at least around my neck of the woods) if you work for a company, you aren't allowed to enter to win a contest or lottery your company is running. And if that's the case with OLG, then she could get canned for playing her precious.
      Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Comment

Well in Ontario anyway, if you work at a lotto booth you can buy lottery tickets, just not at your own store.

Comment

I agree

Quoth Ledomar View Post
          I don't know how the OLG handles this, but normally (at least around my neck of the woods) if you work for a company, you aren't allowed to enter to win a contest or lottery your company is running. And if that's the case with OLG, then she could get canned for playing her precious.
          I am pretty sure that OLG employees can not play OLG lotteries anywhere.

Talk about your insider temptation, and with the big wins more than enough money to spread around to multiple insiders to work together.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            I am pretty sure that OLG employees can not play OLG lotteries anywhere

I don't know about there, but 'round these parts, its for the duration of your employment, which the OP stated that Bicuspid claims to "Have WorkED there" - past tense - implying that even if she truly did work there, she no longer did.

additionally - her claims may be true - she could've worked for the OLG, as a Desk Jockey (receptionist) or in the Mail room, or something similar.... one of those "I worked for this big important company! (I just didn't do anything powerful while there, b/c I was just another drone, but refuse to admit that to you(or myself for that matter) !) so you will do what I say"

Its similar to "I am a Lawyer"
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
              I don't know about there, but 'round these parts, its for the duration of your employment, which the OP stated that Bicuspid claims to "Have WorkED there" - past tense - implying that even if she truly did work there, she no longer did.

additionally - her claims may be true - she could've worked for the OLG, as a Desk Jockey (receptionist) or in the Mail room, or something similar.... one of those "I worked for this big important company! (I just didn't do anything powerful while there, b/c I was just another drone, but refuse to admit that to you(or myself for that matter) !) so you will do what I say"

Its similar to "I am a Lawyer"
              Very true. Perhaps she was employed by OLG, but not in a position to handle anything to do with lottery. Regardless of her position she should, if she was a regular, know of our rules and the rules of the games.

PS: I contacted my boss today about shifts. I mentioned Bicuspid and apparently nobody knows her. So much for her frequent visits. :P
              Go for the eyes!

Comment

She worked for the lottery commission, did she?

Did anyone ever tell her that just because the convenience store she once worked in for a week or two sold lottery tickets, it doesn't mean she worked for the lottery?

Brilliant post, your imagery was stellar and I nearly wet meself laughing by the time I got through. You gotta write more, you really do.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Sure sure she worked for the commission.

Just like how some customers claim to be lawyers (and usually while they're screaming at employees for not upholding laws that the customer invented in his or her own head)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    Sure sure she worked for the commission.

Just like how some customers claim to be lawyers
                    Or secret agents. :P
                    Last edited by ackmeow; 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM.
                    Go for the eyes!

Comment

Quoth ackmeow View Post
                      Or secret agents. :P
                      Some of us are still waiting to be swept off our feet by one . . .
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X