This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
    I used to live on a road that was popular with bike clubs. You knew spring was really here when the first lot cruised past the house. I always loved it, they were great people.

How great? One day I'm broke down on a remote stretch of that road with no houses in sight, hood up trying to figure out whether it's a dead spark plug or something worse. Next thing I know two dozen bikes purr by and suddenly pull over en masse. Harleys, leather, beards, chains, the whole shebang. I should have been terrified (small female-type person, two dozen burly bearded men, do the math), but I wasn't. Because they got my car going again and a couple of 'em followed me home just to make sure I got there, then took off with a wave.

It was a beautiful day.
    Amen. The gas station I worked at was about half mile away from the Harley store. If/when a biker was there, and I got the willies about a weirdo in my store, I could always ask the biker to stay for a bit. Happily obliged. I even hitched a ride on a bike once..they didn't go fast enough for me!!!

Sweet good people.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Edward, the twinkling vampire from the Twilight series.
      Yes; hence my comment "Does Not Compute" because vampires aren't supposed to sparkle.

I probably should've edited that quote down further.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Yes; hence my comment "Does Not Compute" because vampires aren't supposed to sparkle.

I probably should've edited that quote down further.
        I agree. I definitely agree. So does Lio. Dracula agrees.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X