This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's a cigarette when ya need one?

WHY do customers insist on treating me like a piece of crap idiot!!!!???
    I just got off the phone with this awful SC so now I need to vent about it.
    Apparently this guy did a return today and didn't get his money back automatically. Our store policy is if you do a return on a debit card $250 or less, you get it back in cash. If it's over $250, it goes back onto your credit card. It states that very clearly on the receipt. Also, I don't know about other states, but in Texas, refunds are required 3-5 business days to fully be refunded. It's a law, not a store policy. And it has to do with banks processing the money, not the store giving it back. Well, apparently this full grown man didn't know what a 19 year old lowly retail worker knows. His return he processed, NOT AN HOUR AGO, was $400. He went to go buy something a little while ago and realized his funds weren't available so then he calls screaming and cussing at me saying he needs his money now, and this is all my fault. I clocked in 2 minutes before he called me, I JUST GOT HERE!!! Ugh. It's 10 minutes into my work day and I already need a cigarette.
    For those of you who don't know, I quit smoking a LOOOOONG time ago.

--"Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there'd be a hell of a population drop."--Laurell K. Hamilton, The Anita Blake Series

Whoa, 3-5 days?!? It's instant here

That's got to be seriously frustrating, but that's certainly no reason for people to take it out on you!

Comment

Yeah, but it's because of the banking systems, not because of our store. It's to prevent fraudulent charges and all that good stuff. Plus, the whole time I'm talking to him, he's talking like a 5 year old, whining and stamping his feet. Well, I can't see him physically stamping his feet, but i'm sure he's doing it.

Comment

Yeah, we don't see refunds credit back on a debit card for a few days, even though the authorization shows up right away, and the charge usually not long after. Not so bad as three to five days for us. Quote is 2-3 business days (so weekends don't count).

Definitely frustrating.

Comment

Worse, it can actually take longer then 3-5 BUSINESS days. Banks/credit companies have their own system as to when they will release the funds. If somebody cancels an order, we can politely ask for them to return it..and they generally do..there have been horror stories of people having to wait 30 days for the money to be available again. Not a dang thing we can do (besides politely ask again). Also .. banks/creditcard companies refuse to go to the 24/7 system. After a certain time of day it has to wait to be processed..and never on Sunday. *shrugs*
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Here debit returns can take a few days. Credit returns show up faster. Yeah, it's frustrating. My advice? If you're going to spend $400 out of your checking account, it's a good idea to be sure you want/can spend it. I don't know about everyone else, but to me that's a chunk of money. This guy seems too cavalier.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It takes me weeks sometimes to rationalise spends of just £20-£50... I can't imagine dropping so much on something & then deciding I don't want it, and then turning round an hour later to spend it all again!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                It takes me weeks sometimes to rationalise spends of just £20-£50... I can't imagine dropping so much on something & then deciding I don't want it, and then turning round an hour later to spend it all again!
                It means that the SC found it cheaper somewhere else , but the sale ends that day.

Comment

Least here in the US, a merchant legally has 30 to issue you a refund. which is why MOST credit card companies give you 60 days to dispute a transaction.

The card company I work for stands by this fully...I don't CARE that merchant X promised the money would be back on the card in minutes, if the merchants bank doesn't release the funds to us we can't put them back on the card.

merchants try and blame US that WE are holding the money....when 90% of the time its the merchants bank thats not issuing the funds back ><

sorry end rant now
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

doncha know? you have the magic ability to wave a wand and make the money show up. even if the law prevents you.

what a jerk

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      I'm the same way. Gosh, it must be nice to just drop $400 on something on a whim!

Even with computers, things don't happen instantly. SC should realize that, but he won't.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        doncha know? you have the magic ability to wave a wand and make the money show up. even if the law prevents you.
                        I guess that explains why Harry Potter had to go to Gringotts to get money instead of just waving his wand and saying "lotterus winnus!"

And I'll bet Uncle Vernon wouldn't object to that kind of magic.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X