X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashing your Sanity Cheque. Hina's further adventures in telebanking

Very Rude Girl
    Please note that all the answers here are totally false and silly. I just used them for examples.
    Me= Welcome to Canadian Bank, this is Hina. How can I help you?
    Woman= Hello my name is maria santos. This is my husband juan’s account. His internet banking isn’t working and we need to reset his password. Can you do that?
    Me= Sure thing Mrs. Santos. I just need to talk to your husband so I can verify the account.
    Woman= Okay one sec.
    (conversation in the background)
    Man= Hello.
    me= Hello Mr. Santos. This is Hina with Canadian Bank, your wife says you need your web banking reset, can I ask you some security questions?
    Man= Okay
    Me=Great, question number one?
    Man=okay.
    Me= Question number one?
    Man=Question number one?
    Voice in the background=mumblemumble 97
    Man= 1997
    Me= Okay, so Mr.Santos I heard someone answers in the background so I had to accept that as a fail. You need to be able to answer the questions on your own . Your wife can’t help you, if someone else gives you the answers we have to accept them as wrong.
    Man=okay
    Me=are you sure you understand?
    Man=okay, yes
    Me= Question two?
    Man= Question two?
    Voice in the background= Mumble mumble Blue
    Man= The sky is blue
    Me= Again, Mr Santos I cannot accept any answers that are provided by a third person.
    Man= Okay.
    Me= Great. Question three?
    Man= Question three?
    Voice in the background= Water is WET!
    Man= Water is wet
    Me= (sighs) Okay, so Mr. Santos unfortunately I wasn’t able to verify your account because someone was providing answers in the background. So I won’t be able to help you reset your web password. You will need to step into the branch to fix that. Thank you for calling Canadian Bank. Have a good day.
    Man= Okay. (hangs up)
    So I place a note on the account that the customer had failed, and take a few more calls. When suddenly;
    woman= Hello Hina. This is Maria Santos. I called in earlier to reset my husband’s web password, but the agent was very rude. She was a rude horrible little girl and I just want to reset my husband’s web password.
    Me= Could I put you on hold for one moment?
    Woman=Sure
    So I place her on hold realizing she has no idea that she is talking to the same agent. So I call up the Supervisor Squad to ask what to do if I caller I just failed calls back in. I get told that I have that if there is only one note on the account that he failed, then I have to try authorizing again. I mention the fact that the wife is insulting me because she doesn’t seem to know that I am the same agent, supervisor tells me to let it go. I go back to the woman, ask to talk to her husband, ask him a few questions, and he ends up passing authentication this time and I have to reset his web password. I felt really ucky about doing it. But I still can’t believe that the woman had no idea she was talking to the same girl.

Or are you just stupid?
    Me= Welcome to CB, my name is Hina. How can I help you?
    SC= I just want to know if it will cost anything to close my account.
    Me= No problem. I just need to pull up your account to check. (Pulls up closing screen, and checks fees. This takes less than 30 seconds)
    SC= Are you taking a long time to take calls today?
    Me= (Thinks he means the long wait for calls. It’s Saturday at 11pm, we were are majorly understaffed)
    SC= Or are you just new? Or are you just stupid?
    Me= (Twitch) Actually sir, I’m a senior agent. I just needed to pull up your account to….
    SC= You’re a Senior agent? That is pathetic. Is there someone else I can talk to, who isn’t new?
    Me=(twitch) Sir, I just needed to pull up your account so that I could tell you what that fees are going to be. The fees are different for each account, and depend on different factors so that cost for closing your account would be…
    SC= Could I talk to someone who isn’t stupid? Someone who knows that they are doing and doesn’t have to read an essay to manage a simple request.
    Me=(Twitch) I am a senior agent, there is no one with more training than me. If you want to speak to my manager….
    Sc= Yeah give me your manager.
    Me=Fine. (Tosses him on hold to call up Super Team)
    Super Agent= Hey Hina. How are you? How can I help the customer me?
    Me=(noise between a huff and a growl)
    Super Agent= Aww, sweetie. Did you get a dick?
    Me= He called me stupid. (Offers sparks note version of the call)
    Super Agent= Yup sounds like a dick. Okay I’ll take the call, you go get some air.
    Me= (Connects call) This is my manager Super Agent, she will talk to you. (hangs up)
    The thing I can’t convey is the amount of dripping acid you could hear in this guy’s voice with everything he said to me after his initial request. I have never so much wanted to be able to reach through the phone and slap someone. I ended up having to take an unscheduled and go for a run . I didn’t even go get my coat. I just ran out in my jeans and t-shirt into the frosty Canadian February night and ran two laps of the parking lot. Though by the time I got back to the calls I had successfully chilled out.
    When I came back in I had a really fun discussion with a few of my managers about how some people are just dicks. It was nice.

Phonetics are Confusing
    So when I am on a call I have to often give customers confirmation codes and passwords that include both letters and numbers. In order to make this simpler, I took it on myself to learn the proper military phonetics, many times not just saying the phonetic word on its own instead of “C for Charlie.” Most people get it, but one or two customers get very confused.

Me=Okay so that is Alpha, Delta, Golf, Zulu, Foxtrot, Sierra.
    SC1= Um…I don’t have to write the whole word do I?

Me=Alright so that is Yankee, Yankee….
    SC2=Okay so Y-a-n-k-e-e, y-a-n-k-e-e
    Me=No, Y for Yankee, Y for Yankee, T for Tango.
    SC2= Oh!

Me= Tango, Delta, Sierra, Kilo…
    SC= I thought the password was just letters.

No you are not getting money(Very Long)
    So an off shore agent calls me up to explain that a customer wants to cash out his RSP because he is broke and needs money. I try to explain that we actually can’t help the customer, but in the end I am forced to take the call because the other agent transfers the call as I’m explaining. The caller was delinquent on all his credit products, had two dollars in his checking account, and a thousand notes to not help him.
    SC= Okay so I need you to take the 50 dollars out of my RSP so that I can pay for dinner. I am at the restaurant and I’m broke and you have to transfer the money.
    Me=I’m sorry but it costs 50 dollars to withdraw from your RSP prematurely, plus there are taxes for trying to withdraw the money. So would you end up owing us money.
    SC=Well can’t you make a special exception for me?
    Me= No sir, the rules are set by the Canadian Revenue Agency and the Bank. I can’t waive the fees.
    SC= Can you talk to your manager?
    Me= Okay. (Calls up manager so people listening can’t accuse me of lying to the customer)
    Supervisor= Hey Hina, what’s up?
    Me=Customer wants us to transfer his RSP to his checking account. Impossible do to fees right?
    Supervisor= Yeah, after that taxes he would OWE us money.
    Me= Thanks. (back to customer) Sorry, my supervisor confirmed. We can’t do that for you.
    SC= Well, I had money in my account for this dinner, but Visa took it all. (His visa was 1000 dollars over limit) Can’t you just lend me the money until Monday, I will be able to pay you back then.
    Me= No Mr. SC we can’t do that.
    SC= Could you give me Overdraft protection?
    me= You aren’t pre-approved so even if you were approved it wouldn’t apply until Monday.
    SC= Well I have money in my savings account, about $500.00. Can you transfer some money from that account to my chequing?
    Me=Well I can look into it. (Cheques his Savings account. Turns out all of that money is on hold because his Visa is a secured kind. Which makes him being 1000 dollars over limit even more confusing.) Alright, so that money is being used to secure your Visa, so we can’t do that.
    SC= Well, I was charged a non sufficient funds charge last month. You could refund that charge to me, then I could pay for me dinner. Would you call your manager and ask if you can do that.
    Me=Okay. (same as before) Hey Other supervisor. So this customer wants us to refund him an NSF from last month because he doesn’t have any money in his account because collections took all his money to pay his Visa, which is secured for $500.00, yet somehow had $1500.00 in charges on it. So can I just tell him no?
    OS= Well there are a lot of notes on his account to never ever refund an NSF to him, so we can’t do that. But you could call collections and ask them to return the money to the customer. So do that.
    Me= (sighs) Right. Okay Mr.SC I am going to call our collections department to see if they will give you back the money they took to pay off your Visa.
    SC= Hurry because I need to pay for my dinner.
    Me= Of course (calls collections and tells them the whole story.)
    Collections= WHAT?! But the guy is 1000.00 dollars over limit on a 500 dollar card. We are not giving him the money back. Hey Hina, you’ve obviously been through enough. Just hand me the call and I’ll tell him No.
    Me= That’s all I wanted.
    Collections= Someone to take the call or tell him no?
    Me=Both. :P (Transfer the SC to collections, never to be heard from again)

Why won’t you answer my questions?
    So we are not allowed to interrupt our customers. The moment they start to speak, we have to stop. Which I think would be wonderful, if it worked both ways. There are so many customers who ask a question and the moment I begin to explain interrupt me, usually only to rant about the issue or reiterate the question. At the end of their tirade they always demand to know why I have get to answer their query. So, I start to answer again, and they interrupt. Questions that would take ten seconds to answer become seven minute phone calls. The whole time with me just wanting to shout, “If you shut up, and just let me answer you. You would know by now!”

Is this your first day?
    So the very first actual call I took out of training, I made a little booboo. It was easy enough to fix, and I did. But the customer got very angry with me and hung up so he wouldn’t have to deal with me. Our system is set up that if a customer gets disconnected, and calls back he will get the same agent he talked to before. So long as they aren’t on another call. So when he called back, he got me again.
    Me=Welcome to CB, my name is Hina. How can I help you?
    Customer= Oh god no! Not you again. How did this happen?
    Me= (explains the system)
    customer= What’s your problem anyway, is this your first day?!
    Me= Yes sir, and you were my very first call of the day.
    Customer=Oh, well okay then. I’m sorry honey I didn’t realize. Well you’re actually doing a very good job then considering. I hope you have a great first day.
    The guy went from being irate to soothing is a millisecond, it was pretty funny.

You’re from the Maritimes?! EW!
    A lot of people who request to be transferred from off shore to a Canadian agent, get a little put off by my accent. I do not sound like I’m from Southern Ontario, so they automatically ask where my center is located. I always answer honestly, and most people are pleasantly surprised. Others not so much.

SC1= So am I talking to Canadian agent?
    Me= Yes Mrs SC, you are Tawkin to a Canadian agent?
    SC1= You don’t sound like you’re from Toronto.
    Me= No, Mrs. SC. I do not. What can I do for you t’day?
    SC1= Where is this center located?
    me= Halifax.
    SC1=Well you People need jobs I suppose.

Me= Welcome to CB, my name is Hina. How can I help you?
    SC2= I wanted to talk to a Canadian agent.
    Me= yes Mr. SC you are.
    SC2= So you’re located in Ontario?
    Me= No
    SC2=Transfer me to an agent in Toronto then
    Me=Sir, we don’t have centers in Toronto. (we have centers in other Southern Ontario Cities, but not Toronto proper)
    SC2= Well I guess I’m talking to Vancouver then.
    Me= No sir. This center is located in the maritimes.
    SC2= That is unacceptable. (hangs up)

SC3= Are you Canadian?
    Me=Yes Ma’am.
    SC3= Where are you located?!
    Me= Nova Scotia.
    SC3= Nova Scotia, gah! They are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Um….
    SC= Can I cash a cheque over the phone line?
    Me= Uh….no?
    SC= Okay, I just wanted to check. Have a good day.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Ah, geographical snobbery. I get this kind of reaction from my SIL in California. She makes snide references to the fact that her brother and myself live in Alabama. She seems to forget that she grew up in the sticks of Iowa.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Cash a check over the phone........ I need to stop trying to break my brain figuring out the logistics of doing that.

Comment

I want to ask what's wrong with the maritimes, but I know there's no logical answer, lol.

The answers-in-the-background guy is just funny. Really sucks that he still got away with it.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
          Cash a check over the phone........ I need to stop trying to break my brain figuring out the logistics of doing that.
          NO You need toi remember what message board you are posting to/reading... that will solve most of your brain breakage.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

No you are not getting money

Wow. This guy is in serious denial about his debt problem.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              This guy is in serious denial about his debt problem.
              What problem? Everybody knows that plastic isn't money. They're two totally unrelated things!
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                What problem? Everybody knows that plastic isn't money. They're two totally unrelated things!
                You don't know? Credit cards are free money given to you by the bank. When the cards run out of money, you just call up the company and ask for another.

Free money is awesome!

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                  Super Agent= Aww, sweetie. Did you get a dick?
                  Sorry you had to put with that. But that line is pretty funny.

Phonetics are Confusing
                  On my first day taking live calls at Long Distance Company inbound customer service, someone was giving me their airline miles ID to get miles for making calls.

She started out with "Boy"..and I said.."ok..b...o...y" She said "No, no. B as in Boy."

I felt dumb. But she was very nice.

me= Halifax.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz88kJSdT6Y

Comment

Wow...I wish someone in my call center would say to me "it sounds like you've been through enough, I'll take the call"... Actually, we can take a quick break to cool off if we absolutely have to but not in the middle of a call...

You've got some real winners there. The "are you new" guy (first one, the dick) really takes the cake.
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
                      I want to ask what's wrong with the maritimes, but I know there's no logical answer, lol
                      The east coast accent is not the most eloquent of diallects. So people make certain assumptions.

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                      Wow...I wish someone in my call center would say to me "it sounds like you've been through enough, I'll take the call"... Actually, we can take a quick break to cool off if we absolutely have to but not in the middle of a call...
                      Technically he asked to speak to my manager, so I called an agent at another center. She is Required to take the call from me when someone asks, but she was awesome about it. Some of them can be absolutely dickish about it. I will at some point post those stories once I decide if the Supervisor Squad Help Desk counts as coworkers or management.
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Very Rude Girl

Me= (sighs) Okay, so Mr. Santos unfortunately I wasn’t able to verify your account because someone was providing answers in the background. So I won’t be able to help you reset your web password. You will need to step into the branch to fix that. Thank you for calling Canadian Bank. Have a good day.
                        Man= Okay. (hangs up)
                        So I place a note on the account that the customer had failed, and take a few more calls. When suddenly;
                        woman= Hello Hina. This is Maria Santos. I called in earlier to reset my husband’s web password, but the agent was very rude. She was a rude horrible little girl and I just want to reset my husband’s web password.
                        Me= Could I put you on hold for one moment?
                        Woman=Sure
                        So I place her on hold realizing she has no idea that she is talking to the same agent. So I call up the Supervisor Squad to ask what to do if I caller I just failed calls back in. I get told that I have that if there is only one note on the account that he failed, then I have to try authorizing again. I mention the fact that the wife is insulting me because she doesn’t seem to know that I am the same agent, supervisor tells me to let it go. I go back to the woman, ask to talk to her husband, ask him a few questions, and he ends up passing authentication this time and I have to reset his web password. I felt really ucky about doing it. But I still can’t believe that the woman had no idea she was talking to the same girl.
                        My guess is that this time Mrs. Santos had written out a "cheat sheet" of answers to possible security questions, and her partner-in-fraud was reading off the list, so you wouldn't hear the mumbling in the background. Good luck when an irate Mr. Santos calls in regarding a drained account that his web access to has been locked out.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Technically he asked to speak to my manager, so I called an agent at another center. She is Required to take the call from me when someone asks, but she was awesome about it. Some of them can be absolutely dickish about it.
                          I hear that. I hate it when I have someone who is absolutely furious, demanding a supervisor, and the person I call tries to have me de-escalate the customer myself. No, that's YOUR job...I don't get paid enough, and why should you just be able to tell me "well, tell Mr. Filthy Mouth SC I'll approve his return but make sure you also tell him it's a one time courtesy and we're only doing it because XYZ..." just so he can bitch at me some more about our policies? Most of the leads are good about taking the calls but a few really do their best to worm their way out of it. Makes my blood boil.
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

The east coast accent is not the most eloquent of diallects. So people make certain assumptions.
                            Sorta like people from the South, or New York City.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

So I'm guessing the caller was either from Ontario or Quebec. Certain types of folks from those areas (not everyone, just a special group of 'em) can be absolute arses when they get calls from/call to the Maritimes. You need a department in your call centre staffed by Newfs from the outports just to transfer dickish callers to. I guarantee that'll make their heads explode, and then they're no longer a problem. But I'm evil that way.

Then again, I moved to Nova Scotia from BC, and us wet coasters tend to get the same reaction from them uppity Tranna folks. What's really funny is when I get to tell them 'You're from Toronto? Oh well, it's not your fault, I won't hold it against you.'
                              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X