Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custys chatting away on Cell or landline wireless phones whilst receiving a delivery is my major frustration. NO I do NOT want to hear aour your latest Baby Daddy episode, or the major drug deal or how you is fightin with your latest boy/girlfriend or that little Johnny is throwing a fit..

NOW mix in mind altering substances and things get real interesting.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My Blackberry died on the me the other week. I was without a phone for four days over the weekend. I felt free! I thought I would feel lost without it, but au contraire, I couldn't believe how liberated I felt.

If only I could be like that all the time /sigh.
      There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Maybe you could buy a cell phone blocker. :-)
        although i'm tempted to use them at times too (especially on the road)... iirc it's against federal law since the blocker can potentially cut off emergency communications (like cell calls to 911).

although other methods can be rather cute... there was one cafe i went to that had a GREAT sign... (wish i had taken a photo)

"using a cell while ordering = (image of very angry smiley face)"

I have found some nice images tho

Last edited by Dips; 03-15-2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: added carriage return between images to make post fit smaller screens

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          There used to be a little deli here where the owner refused to serve anybody who was talking on their phone..
          Same with a number of smaller restaurants and delis here -- They will often have a sign up (and actually enforce the policy!) stating that, if you're first in line and on your cell, either hang up or they'll have you move to the side while they help the next person.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm so sorry you have to deal with rude cell phone users and can't tell them off.

It makes me many time more appreciative of our no cell phone rule. Even funnier are the ones who try to get around it by trying to use their phones in the bathroom. We're in a historic building. There's gotta be two feet of brick or stone for each outer wall. Have actually had someone accuse us of using a cell phone blocker, even. Mm, nope! Just lucky that way

We've got at least one sandwich shop that won't serve cellphone users.

Comment

One of my favorite breakfast cafes down here absolutely bans cell phone usage within the cafe. The fact that their breakfasts are awesome (their crab cake benedict is to DIE for) AND the do this just makes them pure winners!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

About half the time I'm getting food for the family, it tends to be I was on the way home, and was asked to stop...so I end up being on the phone in the store. Of course, I won't get into line until I've got a good idea what we're getting, and once I'm in line, I'll let others go ahead of me, since I'm going be relaying questions...and I make it a point to apologize at the start! I do also turn my head to talk to my Wife, to make it more obvious when I'm talking to the cashier and when I'm not. Any other suggestions, other than writing everything down?

Comment

I have two tales about cell phones from me working at a call center!
                  Me=Okay so you wanted to open a savings account?
                  Customer= Yes please, {BUZZ} I was thinking the basic daily one. {BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP}
                  Me=No problem we can definitely set {BUZZ} we can totally... {BEEP BEEP BEEP} set that up....{BUZZ BEEP BEEP BEEP} Are you texting?!
                  Customer=Uh...yeah sorry.
                  Me= Why does it sound so loud?
                  Customer= Oh, well I'm talking to you on my iPhone so.....
                  Me=......
                  Customer= I'll just stop texting now...
                  Me=Awesome! So the daily savings account (the rest of the call goes well)

Me=...Okay unfortunately sir, you have failed authentication. So I will have to advise you to go to the br...
                  SC= Oh no! I have not failed! Now you wait on the line while I go call my other bank. [No word of a lie, he said exactly that.]
                  Me= Sir, you can just end the call. I can't help you over the...
                  SC= Oh no! You will help me, after i finish this call. (SC then begins a long coversation with someone else on his cell phone.)
                  Me=(After 3 to 5 minutes)Mr. SC I really do have to end the call. I have other customers and you already failed au...
                  SC= (To other person) Hold on other Bank. (To me) CB, you stay on the line! You will help me! After I finish this call!
                  Finally he ended the call with the other bank, and tried getting me to assist him. But I couldn't because he had already failed our security procedure. Next time something like this happens, my phone is going to "break".
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I confess to a sneaking admiration for this guy on principle, but then I hate what phones have done to peoples' public behaviour.

Personally, I spent too many years on the main switchboard of too many offices to enjoy talking on the phone. So I have a pay-as-you-go crappy phone. It's usually not charged and I keep forgetting to buy minutes, because I almost never use it.

Dh and I also build our own computers, and we love technology, but phones? Fageddaboudit.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

You'd like how they do things in japan then. They don't force you to stay off phones on the bus... people just do it because they feel it's polite to not be noisy. So people just text when they're on the bus.

And people also fear that the phones might interfere with pacemakers so they don't even text if they're in the handicapped/pregnant/old people seats.

of course it doesn't hurt that some big companies there (softbank for example) offer free texting if you're talking to someone on the same carrier.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        You'd like how they do things in japan then. They don't force you to stay off phones on the bus... people just do it because they feel it's polite to not be noisy. So people just text when they're on the bus.
                        I lived in Japan for 4 years, so I know exactly what you mean. In all that time I never once heard someone talking on the phone on the bus, train, or subway. Sure, they would use their phones to text or listen to music or even watch TV (using headphones of course), but they would never talk.

In fact, passengers don't even really talk to each other that much. Whenever I used public transportation it was usually pretty quiet; the noisiest people were little kids and teenagers. I guess that's typical no matter where you are

Comment

Gold mobile phone moment happened once when I worked on checkouts. This suited woman was blabbering away on her mobile, completely ignoring my pleas for her card, when this grumpy old git stepped forward and poked her in the back.

GOG: If it's all the same to you, young lady, I'd quite like to get out of here by midnight.
                          SC: *for once, speechless.*

Pwned.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
                            (using headphones of course)
                            I have a few people at work I wish considered this 'of course' and more than a few on the bus or the train! *steps off of soapbox*
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I had a guy come in around 3am the other night. He asked for Newport 100's and was yapping away on his cell. I got them and told him the price. He ignored me and kept yepping. I counted to 25 then repeated the price. He still ignored me. I counted to 25 again then told him to come back after he was done with his call and I put the Newports back. He heard me that time.

He asked me why I was being rude. I told him HE was the rude one talking on his cell instead of finishing the call BEFORE he came in or telling the person to hold and ignoring me.

He told the person that "the guy at the smoke shop was being a dick" and left. Not 2 minutes later he oopened the door and asked if he could get the smokes now that he was off the phone. I told him no because I am such a DICK. He looked at my coworker for support, my coworker just shrigged his arms and ignored him. The guy then left.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
                                I had a guy come in around 3am the other night. He asked for Newport 100's and was yapping away on his cell. I got them and told him the price. He ignored me and kept yepping. I counted to 25 then repeated the price. He still ignored me. I counted to 25 again then told him to come back after he was done with his call and I put the Newports back. He heard me that time.

He asked me why I was being rude. I told him HE was the rude one talking on his cell instead of finishing the call BEFORE he came in or telling the person to hold and ignoring me.

He told the person that "the guy at the smoke shop was being a dick" and left. Not 2 minutes later he oopened the door and asked if he could get the smokes now that he was off the phone. I told him no because I am such a DICK. He looked at my coworker for support, my coworker just shrigged his arms and ignored him. The guy then left.
                                AWESOME!!!
                                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                                X