This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Late but funny

During Christmas (I know a little late, but my computer access is limited at the moment) I had a guest ie. suckycustomer, come up well before we opened. Me and a coworker thought this odd, but we get vendors in all the time.

SC: I'm looking for a few things.
    Me and coworker: Ok what are they?
    SC: Well first I'm looking for some flip flops.
    M/C: we don't think they are out yet.
    SC: Well how about some sidewalk calk?
    M/C: Sorry that isn't out yet either, that is more into spring summer.
    SC: (now getting upset) Water Guns!!!
    M/C: They are spring toys won't set out till late Feb. March Sorry.
    SC: Well you're both stupid and rude!!!! (cat but face given) \
    SC storms off and we don't hear more about it till later when we found out that he cussed out our LOD and another coworker about how he couldn't do what he wanted when he wanted and so on. OBTW he wasn't a vender he just snuck in while the early crew was getting in.

Sounds like he was looking for something he knew he couldn't get, just so he could pick a fight. All of those items are spring/summer things, in snowy parts of the country they don't sell them at Christmas time. And as usual, "we don't have any" translates (in his mind) into "rude."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had the reverse a few years ago, someone wanting Christmas lights in June.
      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Who wants flipflops in December? I vote for crazy people.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I vote for Australians...

Comment

Or someone going south for a holiday. I was looking for sandals in the beginning of February and actually found some nice ones is Wally world.

Comment

And nowadays if you can't find something locally due to the season, you can order it online. That guy was a putz. Having said that...good story, and much better late than never
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

One year my brother and I got Super Soakers for Christmas. And we live in Colorado.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  One year my brother and I got Super Soakers for Christmas. And we live in Colorado.
                  Where's Willy? Out in the yard playing statue.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Here in So Cal, the bathing suits go up in the stores immediately after Christmas. I grant you, we've had a ridiculously warm start to the year (90. In February.), but I can't imagine that many people want bathing suits that early.

Comment

I'm in NC and our swimsuits were up right after Christmas (seems to be earlier and earlier every year) but it was explained to me that was because people go on cruises a lot in the winter. Flip flops same thing. Actually, they've been up and already gone on clearance.
                      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

i wish. down here it only snowed ONCE.
                        i was able to wear my croc heels all winter long

Comment

Quoth Food Lady
                          *raises her hand* I've gone into work on days off wearing flip flops and had coworkers ask me if I'm crazy. I just tell them 'um, duh!'

(it may be a product of genes and how I was raised. Dad's from Michigan born and raised. Mom grew up in Florida. A huge contrast, no?)
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I've been wearing flipflops out of the house all winter long. Then again, our winter has been warm and (as usual) muggy, about 10 degrees F higher than usual. I was sweating my arse off all day Thursday x.x
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We can wear flip flops to work...I sometimes do in the summertime but the place is so cold inside that in cooler months I just wear socks and shoes/sneakers. I can take them off when I get home if it's too warm.
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X