Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet not even a Time Lord has ventured to Nunavut. Just sayin'.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Its rather difficult to type on a virtual keyboard on my tablet.
    Does your tablet support Bluetooth? I have an iPad and bought an Apple wireless Bluetooth keyboard for it...absolutely love it Sorry to hear you've been sick...welcome back!!

Call to complain, at 2am, that you never got a call back the last time you called. Not request another call, or a follow up or even to leave a message. Nope. Just call to let me know you never got a call back and you’re quite displeased about it. You don’t want me to do anything to help you or leave any sort of message for you. You just wanted me, personally, to know.
    I hate those people. You want to make a general complaint or suggestion, use the form on the website. It will go to the right people faster and it won't waste my time or keep me from taking calls from other sucky customers who at least have a request for me.

Its A Conspiracy
    I apologize on behalf of all Americans who are not idiots (well, most of the time) nor hate other countries, especially our good-hearted northern neighbors. I do my very best to ask customers for their Zip *or Postal Code* if I don't already know where they're from...and also to say "Zed" instead of "Zee" when speaking to someone in Canada, especially when reading off UPS tracking numbers.

SC: “You’ll have to really speak up. I can’t hear well and I don’t have my hearing aid in.”
    Apparently the brain has gotten loose as well. Next time keep the hearing aid in, that's one less escape route it can take...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I refuse to say zed. Period.

Then again, in my line of work, I don't really have to.

I have always wondered this, though....in grade school I had a class mate whose first name was Z. Not an initial, that was his entire first name. And it was pronounced "Zee." If he moved to Canada...would they call him "Zed"?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        If he moved to Canada...would they call him "Zed"?
        They'd still call him last...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
          You realize that we were talking about GK becoming the Master, right?
          You're point being . . . ?
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The only time I've ever said "Zed" was when referring to Rip Torn's character.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              They'd still call him last...
              Only if they went by first names. His last name was much earlier in the alphabet.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I refuse to say zed. Period.

Then again, in my line of work, I don't really have to.
                Yeah, I wouldn't in most places. I just remember in training, we were cautioned that some Canadian folks tend to get testy if we ask for their zip code or say Zee instead of Zed...so in the interests of being sickeningly considerate to their feelings (lol - my words, not the trainer's) we should try to remember that. I doubt most of my Canadian callers would really get too bent out of shape about it, but it's OK...I make the effort. I hope not too many Canadian customer service folks are taught to make sure to ask for a "zip code" or say "Zee" when talking to American customers...

Interestingly enough, the company my husband works for is based in Canada - it bought out the company he started working for in 2006, which in turn had bought out the company we'd both worked for from the mid 90s to 2001. Not sure the location of the corporate HQ has really made any difference for his everyday work life, though.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.
                  Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                  X