This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidult

While researching Peter Pan, I came across this article.

I'm one myself. I'm 37 years old, and I watch cartoons and play games.

Are you or do you know someone who is a kidult?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Wait there are adults who aren't into cartoons, games and dressing in comfy bright clothing?

.... can we neuter those adults to keep life fun?

Comment

Let's see now, I am into Lego, model trains, animated movies, graphic novels (aka comics), board games, card games, modeling and probably several other interests that might be considered kid stuff. But why is it considered kid stuff if you need an adult's income to pay for it?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've often espoused the idea that "You're only as old as you let yourself feel."

You only really get old when you stop letting yourself have fun.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
          Are you or do you know someone who is a kidult?
          (Raises hand) PRESENT!

Comment

(Also Raises Hand) Also present!

Comment

Out playing.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Growing up, I always dreaded the day when I would be considered too old to play video games. I just wasn't ready to abandon them. Now that I'm grown up I'm glad I keep playing.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  Growing up, I always dreaded the day when I would be considered too old to play video games. I just wasn't ready to abandon them. Now that I'm grown up I'm glad I keep playing.
                  I figured that would be something I would do when I retired, playing all the old video games. It didn't happen. I'm too busy playing newer ones. I'm involved with Skyrim now.

Comment

I've realized that I'm not really a kidult anymore... I don't play WoW or Star Wars anymore. My hobbies are the gym, walking and creative writing. However, I am writing fanfiction about an anime I like. Does that count? And I do use adult coloring books.

I'm getting more boring as I age.

Comment

If I'm not watching crappy CGI movies based on cheap toy lines well into my seventies, as well as extensively playing video games, it's probably time to bury me. As XKCD said, we're the grownups now, which means that we get to decide what that means.

(The Playstation Eight is gonna be HUGE. Can't wait to play "Ratchet and Clank: Quantum.")

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Let's see now, I am into Lego, model trains, animated movies, graphic novels (aka comics), board games, card games, modeling and probably several other interests that might be considered kid stuff. But why is it considered kid stuff if you need an adult's income to pay for it?
                        Darn right. Somehow I doubt that many kids would be getting the Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th Hulkbuster figurine to play with (and if they are, mommy and daddy have far more money than sense.)
                        Heck, I'm not getting it, and I think it's way too damn cool.

And we're into pretty much the same things. So, yeah. Adult? Screw that. Kid with income.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

*waves hand in air frantically* Oo! Oo! Oo! Mistah Kotter-a!
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                            And we're into pretty much the same things. So, yeah. Adult? Screw that. Kid with income.
                            Same things? So look me up at BrickFair in August. I'll be the one with an Egyptian Temple.

Comment

The only things I don't do now that I did when I was a kid is: play with dolls, and play outside.
                              Everything else: read, write, play video games, I still do.
                              Though I guess kids don't like to read and write now. But I did, mostly because I had no Internet back then! D:
                              I feel old.
                              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                              X