This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... some aspects to Google+ that I like

I know Google-Plus is pretty much trying to be FB and Twitter, rolled into one, esp with the hash-tags.

But there is one thing I kinda like about it... It doesn't reqire that I use real locations when I list where I live, my school, etc.

So right now, on one account I made... I listed "The sea of tranquility, the moon" as my residence. And I'm a graduate of the Unseen University.

Facebook does the same - well, they *do* claim to want real information but they are rather bad at (bothering to) verifying and half of my friends work or studied at Star Trek, Star Wars or Star Gate related places.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

yeah but when i try checking in from the moon on FB it doesn't let me

unless they've made changes in the past month or two

Comment

I love G+ (it's where my public writer's account is) because my mom isn't on there like she is Facebook, so I can swear all I want!
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm on both, but Mom is pretty much just on email. She tried FB but she didn't like it much and closed the account.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            "The sea of tranquility, the moon" as my residence.
            An employee of my wife named his farm 'Tranquility Base.' Wish I'd though of it first.

Comment

I'm annoyed at Google for cancelling Reader at the moment. ("The App used by millions of people even though we hid how you access it just won't die... so we'll cancel it anyway), but as far as those Social sites go, I'm annoyed with both of them for not having functionality that should be obvious to anyone who uses the net... The ability to Nickname your friends.

THey're focused on "Real Names" but they don't give you alternatives to help group, and it's annoying. I don't have half the people on my FB or G+ accounts that I would normally because I can't remember who John Doe is; I only know him as GrandPoobah on IRC (or in EQ or any other online site) and there's no easy way for me to link them.

Seems to me for a company that wants so much information on people, those nickname links would be a gold mine for them that they aren't exploiting yet. ("Jane Smith is known as Captain_Mom to her DCUO friends; good to know when we find Captain_Mom on the web...")

Anyways, enough of my Social Networking Site rant for now.

Comment

Working...
              X