This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac os sierra 10.12.1 black screen

I got a black screen while using mac os sierra 10.12.1 earlier today and playing a game on it.

ok, the usual questions:
    What hardware specs? - Sierra might be a little more intensive on the hardware, leaving fewer resources for gaming.
    System requirements for the game? GPU especially, if you're right on the minimum you might have trouble
    Has the game been updated to support 10.12 yet? Most likely the biggest issue, major OS changes can screw over apps.

Finally, make sure all the required apps/frameworks for the game are updated to support the latest operating system too, flash, xcode, silvewire whatever it needs.

Comment

Imac late 2009 i5

Comment

Doesn't give me a lot to work on there, but I'm surprised the OS would run on a machine of that age. My '08 Mac Pro is considerably more powerful and isn't supported for what ever reason.

Are you able to provide a little more info on the game you're trying to run?

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
          Doesn't give me a lot to work on there, but I'm surprised the OS would run on a machine of that age. My '08 Mac Pro is considerably more powerful and isn't supported for what ever reason.

Are you able to provide a little more info on the game you're trying to run?
          It's Second Life.

https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

I mostly use a third party viewer called Firestorm.

Comment

What about the sys reqs for that viewer, and the full specs of your comp - Main menu - About This Mac

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
              What about the sys reqs for that viewer, and the full specs of your comp - Main menu - About This Mac
              not sure,can't seem to turn on the imac.

Comment

OK, so you're saying the entire computer no longer works, not just the game?

In that case it sounds potentially like hardware failure, not exactly easy to check on an all-in-one machine. You might need to make a trip to your closest Apple store.

Comment

Working...
                X