Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4am? what time does class start... and if you say 10 am .... that kid will earn a "weakling award" from me.

cos back when i was in the company training program... i could stay up until 1am, then get up at 5 and go to class at 630. so yeah, if he went to bed he could still squeeze in 4 hours of sleep and be at class by 830 if he moved his ass.

this "oh i can't do it cos it's too hard to get up on time" is total bullshit.
    sounds like he needs to develop a strong love affair with an automatic coffee machine. oh yeah and a brain.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      4am? what time does class start... and if you say 10 am .... that kid will earn a "weakling award" from me.
      The class in question starts at 11 AM. And yeah, six hours of sleep on some nights can be considered a luxury.
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I once missed a 8am class -- granted were like "friends" with the professor -- but in the next class I had with her, said "sorry I missed this morning's class, something unexpected came up" - she asked "nothing bad" (or something like that) I replied, "just sex". To which got the other students in the class commenting about their sex lives for like 15 minutes of class time -- and the professor complaining that since the twins, she hadn't had any. But we were more friends than professor-student. Normally I wouldn't of said it like that.

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post

If that's your excuse, please respect me enough to lie to me next time. Give me a decent excuse because then at least you're an interesting idiot instead of just a complete waste of oxygen.
          I actually would prefer that someone tells me the truth - I'd be WAY more pissed off if the kid had lied to me, I cut him some slack (or devoted extra time to helping him) and then latter found out the real reason he had missed all that time.

Quoth marty View Post
          I love my xbox, but it doesn't come before classes.
          Quoth Fenrus View Post
          See, therein lies the problem... you have an xbox.
          SEGA!!

I've caused myself more then a few LONGGGG days at work after staying up too late the night before playing my Xbox360. In fact I just did it again today after having just picked up Fallout 3. Of course, I just suck it up and stumble into work, all cotton-mouthed and half-assed. Probably not the best condition to be in given I do phone customer-service, but a guy has to have his priorities.

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
          I once missed a 8am class -- granted were like "friends" with the professor -- but in the next class I had with her, said "sorry I missed this morning's class, something unexpected came up" - she asked "nothing bad" (or something like that) I replied, "just sex". To which got the other students in the class commenting about their sex lives for like 15 minutes of class time -- and the professor complaining that since the twins, she hadn't had any. But we were more friends than professor-student. Normally I wouldn't of said it like that.
          Wow - that's uhhh, very friendly with the Professor. I can't even begin to imagine this sort of conversation coming up in my classes and I'm not sure I'd really want it to either!
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
            Wow - that's uhhh, very friendly with the Professor. I can't even begin to imagine this sort of conversation coming up in my classes and I'm not sure I'd really want it to either!
            Well she just had kids, a student just had a child. And we were her first real bunch of students (or close to it at least). The other professor (male) was about as much of a friend to people as well (he had his class hack into the school network to gain access to his computer).

Small community, back like 1999-2000. It wouldn't fly now I'm sure though.

Comment

meh i must be boring then.... my all-nighters lately have been from reading ... customerssuck.com and fanfic... oh and a little bit of "second Life" (but that's a new one for me) haven't done online gaming since 04 really, unless you count ancient anguish....

Comment

Working...
              X