This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you ready to check out??

:Have you guys ever had customers that will follow you around the store becasue they are ready to pay? This happens at least 3-4 times a day. They never once go up to the register or even say excuse me.They just follow me around.And when I say oh are you ready to check out,they just glare. The other ones that drive me nuts are the people that stand at the register and glare(cat butt face) at you. I had one jackass come in and I swear he was at the register 20 seconds(I kid you not) and he started bitching.
    I need to go you need to wait on me....
    Oh no call a wahhhhalunce.

I don't run a cash register, but I get people like that back in the deli I work in. They just *STARE* at you. Refuse to respond when you ask them if they need help. But then get royally pissed when you go help someone else.
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

I get that too, in my deli. They just walk up and stare at me. We make our customers write down their orders on a simple form because when we get busy, we don't have time to talk to every customer for the 10 minutes it takes them to figure out what the heck they want. So we've got large signs requesting that they fill out a form. These days, I'm so sick of EWs thinking I should kiss their feet and beg for the privilege to serve them, that I flat out refuse to speak to someone who just stands and stares at me. Either fill out a slip or ask me a question. Otherwise I'll just do what I'm doing and ignore you. SCs don't like that

Comment

This topic is quite coincidental for me, because just yesterday I politely asked a 70-ish customer in our mature women's clothing store, "Are you ready to check out?"

She responded wryly, "Well, NO, not yet! I got a lot of living to do!"

Had to admit, that was a good one.

R.A.

Comment

Quoth RetailActress View Post
          This topic is quite coincidental for me, because just yesterday I politely asked a 70-ish customer in our mature women's clothing store, "Are you ready to check out?"

R.A.
          Ok, that is awesome.
          whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth RetailActress View Post

R.A.
            Dang, if only my customers had a sense of humor like yours. I might not hate them so much.
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
            X