Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a vision of this conversation.

E: Employee
    C: Customer

C: I need to use the bathroom.
    E: It's out of order.
    C: Really?
    E: Yes.
    C: *wets pants* Now look what you made me do!

I don't know, I'm strange.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

He can't get in trouble so long as the employee restroom works. Which it does, barely, as long as the public one is kept shut off. If we opened it up to the public again, and had 30-50 people a day using it, with the state of the field lines right now and the septic tank not draining properly, it would take about half a day for the septic tank to fill completely and then neither bathroom would work.

My theory is this: When the guy who owns the store took over, he bought the inventory and leased the building for five years. The five years is up next summer. I think he's holding out on fixing things up until the lease runs out, at which point he will attempt to purchase the property at a lower price because everything's gone to shit. Logical, but also a bit unethical, in my opinion. (The bathrooms aren't the only thing out of order...we have 6 fluorescent light fixtures inside...two of them don't work AT ALL. They've been buggered for almost six months...they won't fix that either because the entire fixtures need replacing.)
      Last edited by seeress_83; 09-24-2007, 05:46 AM.
      *~Seeress~*
      My MySpace
      Ours is not a lost generation...we know exactly where we are. We just have no idea how fast we're going!

Comment

I would have thought the lease came with some responsibility for upkeep.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth seeress_83 View Post
          C: YOU ARE GOING TO GO TO JAIL FOR NOT HAVING A PUBLIC RESTROOM. IT IS A LAW, YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE. NO ONE IN THIS G**DAMN TOWN HAS A PUBLIC RESTROOM!!!
          It's against the law, but everyone's doing it? Some classic SC logic there.

As far as the whole girl peeing in the woods discussion:

I've had a few hikes that lasted longer than expected and I had to go a little off path. Squatting has worked just fine so far, but other women claim that never works for them. I don't know if I'm doing something different or just built differently. o.0?
          The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            I would have thought the lease came with some responsibility for upkeep.
            Commercial leases usually require that the tennent is responsible for any and all repairs including plumbing clog type issues, HVAC Issues, broken glass, electrical, and lighting. Bassically the landlord is responsible for the exterior of the building like roofing and even that can become the tenents responsibility depending on the lease.

I know that my lease for the shop includes a warrenty for certain items for a short term period of something like 60 days, things like the HVAC system. But if we clog the sewer lines then we are responsible. Now in a multi unit building that all feeds into the same line it becomes next to impossible to tell who it is so the landlord has taken care of it for the few times I've seen plumbers here so far that I know of.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

When I was in the RP (Republic of the Philippines) instead of sitting on the ground (gets your clothes dirty and could mean ants or spiders crawling on you) people would do what we called the flat-foot squat. Instead of balancing on the ball of your foot and toes they would keep their feet flat to the ground (hint: you can do it if you counterbalance with your arms in front or are really skinny) we would come up and talk to the old ladies doing this at the side of the road in their skirts. There were a few times it just was disconcerting when we realized they were just going to the bathroom when they stood up and walked away leaving behind a little puddle. It was gross the very few times it happened and it only seemed to happen when we were clear out in the middle of nowhere. I'd have to say this was one of the few times the woman had the advantage over the man, seeing as how she could pee just about anywhere discreetly. Ugh!! I look back on that and find it fairly disturbing. I'm not sexist or anything. It's just......I don't know.
              You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

I have a reply for that, but it's really getting into TMI, and you probably don't want to know.
                The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
                  I've had a few hikes that lasted longer than expected and I had to go a little off path. Squatting has worked just fine so far, but other women claim that never works for them. I don't know if I'm doing something different or just built differently. o.0?
                  Probably built differently. I have to pretty much take everything off below the waist or I always get spray where I don't want it, but my legs always end up fine. It's weird.

Then again, I rarely wear skirts, and if I just pull the pants down and squat my clothes are in the target area.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Hey, years of camping mean I can pee standing up (tmi).

This is very handy.

Women have a smaller bladder and shorter urethra then men. When caught short, it gets very uncomfortable, very quickly. I would rather wee in a bush somewhere then give myself a bladder infection.
                    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Hey, years of camping mean I can pee standing up (tmi).

This is very handy.
                      Hey I applaud you GB. I figured it's possible as that was one of the things I saw in the philippines. I just don't know the mechanics and would be too embarassed to try to teach my SO or to ask someone who knows how it's done. Not only that but it really is TMI.

'nuff said. I'm bright red and dying of embarassment here.
                      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth seeress_83 View Post
                        And then there was the girl who didn't say anything, but walked up read the sign on the front door, then flipped the bird at the store. Not at me, at the store itself. What that accomplished, I'm still not entirely sure.
                        "Take that, evil store!!!" followed by evil laughter.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We don't have a public restroom where I work (at a bank). The reason why we don't have a public restroom is because we're a small branch and our employee restroom is in a secured area. Nobody who doesn't work for the bank can use our bathroom, period. If it were any other place, that would be one thing, but at a small bank you can't just let any yahoo go back and use the bathroom.

At one of my former jobs, we had at least four public restrooms in the building. People would absolutely flip out if one of them closed and they couldn't use it. They never understood that there were three other bathrooms that they could use, and chances are that those bathrooms weren't crowded.
                          Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Add me to the list of females who is um...gifted when it comes to using the restroom outside. Heck, given some gas station bathrooms I've seen I'd almost RATHER go outside. Heh, and yeah it helps I wear a ton of skirts. God bless a car full of extra napkins and purel. Yes, I am a tomboy. *sigh*

My old bank was a small branch that had no public restrooms as well. LOL bless my mom's heart, she thought just because the banker and I were on good terms, she could use it. I had to give her a hard time about that for a while.
                            Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

[QUOTE=Seshat;193005]Probably built differently. I have to pretty much take everything off below the waist or I always get spray where I don't want it, but my legs always end up fine. It's weird.
                              [QUOTE]

lean or find a slope. Gravity is your friend :-)
                              If your feet & jeans are uphill, and your arse is downhill...
                              Works for me.
                              {apart from that one time in a sailing dingy. blokes aiming all directions out to sea, and I had croosed legs for 13hrs.)

Comment

Working...
                              X