This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Considering how often I run into that particular number series (it's frightening, really), and how often it's included in odd things like Animaniacs and Star Wars, it's a sound system...

^-.-^
    It's often included in anything touched by George Lucas, as it was the name of his (I believe) first film, made at film school, or something like that, and the sound system was actually named for it. Just a fun fact. You can be sure that any time it shows up in a movie/tv show, either Lucas or a friend of his did it on purpose.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      *sigh*

My mind went stright there, with no stopping it.

... and even worse, the pipe organ in question was the one designed by Bergholt Stuttley Johnson, aka Bloody Stupid Johnson...
      Dear gods, that's worse than a regular organ with the added effect of what would happen if the Librariann found you messing with it.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
        My dad does this for his job (he's an insurance estimator and so getting license plates right is very important) but he makes up the words as he goes along, e.g: "Tiger Harold Xylophone One One Three Eight".

Cookie for the (many possible) reference(s).
        THX 1138, George Lucas's first movie.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Guy 1: "Chewing gum, chewing gum, chewing gum. Ah ha! Chewing gum! Dude over here!"
          Guy 2: "Is it chewy?"
          As I read this, I found myself picturing Smeagol scuttling about a convenience store behind a couple of foraging hobbits.

Smeagol (Guy 2): What is it they eats, precious? Is it... chewy? Yes? *chew, chew* Blecchh! *spit spit cough* They tries to chokes us! We can't chew hobbits' gum! We must starve!
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            omg the pipe organ sex thing i hear all the time..
            from my sister...
            in the last three days apparently i have sex with monkeys, teddy bears, sporks, a spatual, and hair dye....

its a rich and fulfilling sex life ive got to say
            Welll hasnt someone gor a adventurous sex Life

I am scared

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Is that for you or the SC?
              I'm guessing the sleeping pills for the SC, the booze for Gravekeeper :P
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                It's often included in anything touched by George Lucas, as it was the name of his (I believe) first film, made at film school, or something like that, and the sound system was actually named for it. Just a fun fact. You can be sure that any time it shows up in a movie/tv show, either Lucas or a friend of his did it on purpose.
                Yup, I knew all that. I've actually seen the movie. I didn't really care for it.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth KyneXY View Post
                  Welll hasnt someone gor a adventurous sex Life

I am scared
                  dont worry sweetie i bite nice

Comment

Grave: Ahh well that does change things a bit. You neglected to mention that it was an entire pattern throughout the conversation. IN that case make fun away matey.

Although that in and of itself saying it like he did in your post I still say is a good thing.

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
                      e.g: "Tiger Harold Xylophone One One Three Eight".

Cookie for the (many possible) reference(s).
                      Wait... I know I saw a movie with that title as a license plate... Now, what the hell was it in? A.i.?
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Every overheard someone else's conversation and almost had to stop and interrupt them just to ask them to explain themselves? You know, something like

"Yeah, but YOU had sex with a pipe organ!"

Have I mentioned yet I hate having to come down town on Friday nights?
                        How about "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college?"

I'm really surprised it's gotten this far in the thread and nobody's made the reference by now.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          Wait... I know I saw a movie with that title as a license plate... Now, what the hell was it in? A.i.?
                          Acutally, it would be American Graffiti where that first appeared. The actual number was "THX 138" on the character John Milner's car.
                          There is a slight flaw in my character.

Comment

Guy 1: "Chewing gum, chewing gum, chewing gum. Ah ha! Chewing gum! Dude over here!"
                            Guy 2: "Is it chewy?"

That would be the implication, yes. They do sell "unpleasantly crunchy gum" however I believe its marketed under the brand name "Skor".
                            Quoth snpp.com
                            NEW!

Bubble
                            C r u m

[picture of
                            pink bubble
                            gum with
                            crum center
                            being snapped]

IT'S CRUN-CHEWY!
                            Says Homer: Oooh, the gum with a cracker center! Mmm!
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Er...wait, what? Your bisexual she-male friend of mixed descent has undergone a rather drastic change. Apparently the surgery was a success and she has grown two additional heads. I shall have to revise the victim's description to Bisexual Trans-gendered Hydra.
                              I love drinking beer, I do, but I have rarely been so happy NOT to be drinking beer! That last line about killed me!

A bottle of sleeping bills and an entire bottle of Jack Daniels should about do it.
                              Wait...bills? Like a bottle full of money that is sleeping, just waiting for you to wake it up and spend it? Oh, I want some of THAT!

And the Jack Daniels would be nice too, come to think of it.

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              I must point out that no matter how jaded, how cosmopolitan, how eclectic your city is, that the appearance of a Bisexual Trans-gendered Hydra (of mixed race (is each head a different one?)) is IN FACT more than enough reason to roust a news crew out of bed at three in the morning. About the only place they wouldn't lead the morning news with it is Key West.
                              Hey now! I know I say this town is strange--and it is, it really really is--but the appearance of a hydra would certainly be noted. I mean, seriously. How could even this town miss something like that? And if it were a bisexual transgendered hydra, they wouldn't just notice it.

They'd probably elect it Mayor!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

...... i wouldn' t elect the hyrda.... nah a politician with one mind is bad enough,.... now.... if her mind was split between the three heads (ala hitchhikers guide) then MAYBE..... but i might elect a bisexual multi racial trans-gendered he-she if they where insane....

Comment

Working...
                                X