X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Holidays and coins

Okay, I'm not sure if this shoulg go here, but anyway:

School holidays suck. There's no better way of saying it. They suck.

Due to the fact that every kid has saved up their pocket money in COINS!!!!

Me: Me
    KWC: Kid With Coins
    M: Manager

Me: Hi, How are you?
    KWC: Good
    Me: *proceeds to scan items*
    Me: Comes to $49.99
    KWC: *Then proceeds to unscrew lid on containter with money and pours out $50 worth of coins onto register bench*
    Me: 0.0......0.o....*in head, *I'm not even going to try and count this...*
    Me: MANAGER
    M: What?
    Me: Come count this for me please!

Kids, next time, before you go and spend your pocket money, go to a bank!!!! Or ask you parents to give you a note! I wouldn't have minded so much, if the kids parents and his brothers and sisters didn't come through my register as well, with more COINS!!!!

As you can tell I'm sick of coins.

Happy readings!
    Some days I just want to chase the customer around with a big book with teeth. D:

One word - COINSTAR. Yes, they take a percetage, but its not huge and its quicker than the bank. My bank HATES bags of change anyway.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Coinstar?

I've never even heard of COINSTAR.

Although, I'm pretty sure I don't have it where I live...0.o
      Some days I just want to chase the customer around with a big book with teeth. D:

Comment

Coinstar is a green (usually) machine that hangs out in the entry of any grocery store. You pour your random loose change into a tray, and shake it down into the machine. It counts the change, and gives you a choice of getting a gift card for the full amount, or getting it back in full money for a slight percentage fee. It then gives you a slip to turn in at a cashier.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

coin star is great. I use it when ever my penny suplie is to high ( i made to 20 bucks in pennys once..... the peaple at the grocery store gave me funny looks...)

oh and if get card from coinstar instead of the voucher you dont lose the precentage (gift cards like for itunes or pre paid debit cards and the like.) and i think you and reuse cards... i dont id have to check..

Comment

I won't even accept more than $5 in change if it's not rolled, and even then it's dependant upon how much it will screw up my register.

Comment

Quoth darkcrimsongoth View Post
              I wouldn't have minded so much, if the kids parents and his brothers and sisters didn't come through my register as well, with more COINS!!!!
              Maybe they'd been saving up coins for years for this precise outing... and they couldn't be arsed to roll the coins or cash them in *boggle*

Incidentally, folks, Coinstar is an American phenomenon. From the way the OP was talking, I assumed they were in the UK somewheres.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

You can avoid the percentage fee? You can't do that in my store's Coinstar; it just gives you a voucher for the full amount of your change minus 8.99% that you get to take to me at customer service. All. Day.

Comment

I refuse to accept rolled coin from customers... half the time, when I used to accept it, they were in incorrect amounts. The coin counting machines are amazing... we use them all the time, because we have a literacy fund donation jar at each register (6 reg's) and they fill up rather quickly.

Comment

If I time it right on weekends, the cashiers at my store don't mind if I pay for a few small things in change. (Not more than a couple of dollars worth, at the VERY most.)
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's a fairly new phenomenom in the UK. I know only of one machine, and losing nearly a tenth of what you put in just ... doesn't appeal to me.

Rapscallion

Comment

Either lose the percentage, get a gift card, or take the time to trot over to the bank and get some bills for $deity's sake!

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                          You can avoid the percentage fee? You can't do that in my store's Coinstar; it just gives you a voucher for the full amount of your change minus 8.99% that you get to take to me at customer service. All. Day.
                          Some of them also let you donate the full amount to the Red Cross, March fo Dimes, Jimmy Fund, etc.
                          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                          X