This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor league suckage yesterday

I was running the store by myself yesterday. We've been short-handed after our regular graveyard shifter quit. The manager has been running graveyard herself to take a "vacation" from day shift and management duties. Our replacement manager went home early after being diagnosed with both strep and mono. So, that left me with customers, vendors, and any other issue because we now have one person per shift left plus the manager.

So, I was running my line when I get this crabby old fart. I made an honest mistake in ringing up his coffee. The coffee tags are all on the same card. COF's coffee was a 20 oz, but the scanner read the 24 oz tag. Of course, he made a big deal about being overcharged as I was digging his change out of the drawer. So, I just set it aside, and proceeded to correct the error by refunding it back to inventory and reringing his purchase. I had about six different thought processes running through my head because I had a line of customers, a couple of vendors, and a mess to clean up. I was the only one available to handle all of it at the moment. I was doing good keeping the line moving until COF came along with his attitude. He starts yelling that I'm taking too long when I should just give him his change. I explain that I was going to correct if for him, but he can just take his change and eat the overcharge if that was going to be his attitude. I slung his change at him. It just pissed me off, and without thinking I actually did call him a crochety old bastard. He didn't say anything else if he heard it, but the customer behind him did laugh and agree that COF was being a dick.

Life went on after that.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy
Working...
X