This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth One-Fang View Post
    Dang. and I thought the Swedes were the sensible folk with the "Use sensibly" warning on the hair dryer.
    *Snort* I'm sure I can find plenty of evidence that Swedes are far from sensible.

Even if I have to resort to the stuff made up by Finns. (Yeah, there's a bit of local rivalry here.)

As a fairly tame example, let's consider that a Finnish sauna - and Finns will be proud to tell you that they invented the thing in the first place - operates at no less than 80°C. (Our office sauna is normally set to 88°C.)

It is, by tradition, a completely non-sexual place - not least because it's unbelievably difficult to maintain any kind of physical exertion at that temperature. Finnish children were traditionally born there (being the one clean and warm place in the whole village), and now major business and political deals are worked out there (no doubt to give the Finns an advantage, being comfortable).

Contrast that with the Swedish sauna, which has been exported to the rest of the world. It is, as Finns say, "merely a warm room". It has also gained the unsavoury reputation as the traditional meeting ground for gay men.

'Nuff said.

Comment

I'm hoping that that person was just, well, not thinking that day, not paying attention or something.

Side note:
      My dad has a electric shaver, it says you can use it wet or dry. It comes with a charger. Know what the warning label says? If you said "do not use in water" you'd be wrong. It says "do not cut cord with scissors"

Comment

The "with scissors" part is superfluous. It implies that you *can* cut it with, say, a knife.

Comment

When I was at school, we had DSLR cameras that we available for us to take out on loan and use for our projects.
          They came in a very sturdy hardshell case.

In the case's user manual, there was a listing of situations and circumstances in which the case's contents (camera and supplies) were guaranteed to be fully protected and free from harm.

Two of those situations/circumstances that stuck out in my mind were;

+ Bear attacks
          + Three-year-old children

And yes, they were listed right next to each other like that.
          "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth DevilBoy View Post
            Two of those situations/circumstances that stuck out in my mind were;

+ Bear attacks
            + Three-year-old children

And yes, they were listed right next to each other like that.
            Probably because they do about an equal amount of damage when left in the toy ailse for a half hour.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

There was a warning label on an automobile's sun shield that said: Never drive while shield is in place. <shudder>

Comment

Working...
              X