Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re the OP, I have a similar issue with the boxes of coke. We sell various flavours of soft drink in the following packs:

6, 10, 12, 18, 24 (Pepsi products only), 30 (coke products only), 18 packs plus 6 free cokes.

We also have 10 and 15L packs of water, as well as a 24 pack of bottled water.

The coke packs, I'll lift up until the 12 pack (because it's not in the computer system), but for everything else, I refuse to lift them up. I get a lot of pissed off looks at the fact that "shock horror, I have to move the coke pack!"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
      Even more off topic but on my way home from Holland one time I got through the security check with a bottle of lemonade and I wondered how well the security checks for liquid were when mine wasn't discovered.
      My mom recently discovered that, according to the TSA, hummus is a gel
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My ship assignments last an average of 6 months, so I take a lot of stuff with me. That's because, basically, I live onboard these ships. Back in the 'old days,' I was allowed two 80 lb bags, and if I were to be charged for extra luggage by an airline, I would be reimbursed for the fee I'd paid. But the airlines have cut down on the poundage you're allowed, and so has my 'front office.' Since 2/3rds of my luggage used to be books (very heavy), I've taken to finding editions that are available as Adobe Acrobat files, so that they'll travel on my computer. I'm particularly interested in languages, because I travel where very diverse languages are spoken -- such as Arabic, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Urdu, Chinese, and Hindi, to name a few. But to go some place to live for half a year, you still need a lot of stuff.

I'm a huge nerd -- though in a rugged, adventurious way. In fact, as my 'tag line,' I was considering "Nerdius Maximus" instead of "Ship's Officer." My library is too big to fit in my house, so I've rented a room in a warehouse where artists, musicians, etc have their workspaces. My 'wall of books' is 35 ft long, and 10 feet high. And yes, I would like very much to visit Powell's one day!
        Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
          My 'wall of books' is 35 ft long, and 10 feet high. And yes, I would like very much to visit Powell's one day!
          "Should ever we meet, sirrah, I shall embrace you and call you brother."

If I ever unboxed and shelved my entire collection, it would be close to that. I have many game books that stay boxed until I feel like poking through them. I do hope to have an actual library when I own my own house someday though.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth SailorMan View Post
            My library is too big to fit in my house, so I've rented a room in a warehouse where artists, musicians, etc have their workspaces. My 'wall of books' is 35 ft long, and 10 feet high. And yes, I would like very much to visit Powell's one day!
            Wow, that's impressive. I sincerely doubt my own collection is much more than half that, maybe. But I'm young. I've got time.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My Husband and all his sibblings were flying to go visit their dad one summer. My sister in law had a DOLPHIN shapped squirt gun that they took out and told her off about (she was like 12) BUT her brother (13) made it on with a crap load of black cats ?!?!

I'm sad, the last time I made it down to portland and went to Powell's I was like 7 months preggo and couldn't walk around for very long, let alone stand the smell. Pregnant sense of smell SUCKS!
              It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth flygirl View Post
                Yeah, I'm a flight attendant on those little 50 seaters, and people always have a shitfit, when they see how small the plane is. It's like, well sorry, but you're not going to get many 757s going from Houston to Lake Charles. And they don't understand that their roller bags WILL NOT fit in our overhead comparments. There's always some ass that insists that it will fit, so I'll say "fine, go ahead and try it." Sure enough, 5 minutes later they walk back to me with a sheepish look on their face, saying it won't fit. Won't fit? Well, guess what? Now you can haul that bag back up to the front of the plane, so I can tag it. You should have listened to me when I told you in the first place.
                I love using the carts - just dump your bag on the cart, grab you magazine and off you go. There isn't anything in my carry on I need on a short 45min flight.
                The people who have only every used a gateway are fun to watch too - like they can't believe they have to walk out onto the tarmac and make sure the get on the right plane on their own.

Comment

Powell's ships. CRAP! *starts to mutter* Must work today* That will be a place to look through at lunch

I got to drive by Powell's when we went to Portland with friends to see Mythbusters. I did get to stop at EveryDay Music. *Evil Place*

Of course we didn't get to stay long since we were on our way to Ringside up the street
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    "Should ever we meet, sirrah, I shall embrace you and call you brother."
                    Mon frère!
                    Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      My mom recently discovered that, according to the TSA, hummus is a gel
                      A colleague of mine travelling to London wasn't allowed to take her make-up on board.

But as I (and another poster) said in a previous post they're not always so careful.

Do flight attendants get to carry stun-guns? No, seriously. Not just for terrorism but for the guy who wants to light up and then *jokingly* says, what are you going to do about it? Kick me off the plane? Hyuk hyuk.
                      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                        I got to drive by Powell's when we went to Portland with friends to see Mythbusters.

I was there too!
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Powell's is a bookstore that takes up and entire city block, around four stories tall, and carries books I haven't seen for years. I even found the translation of Romance of the Three Kindoms I have been looking for in the two-book hardcover edition. Pure heaven for bibliophiles.
                          Yes, it is! I love Powell's! I've gotten loads of brilliant books there.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                          X