This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    Great. Just great. Now not only do I have that dumb song stuck in my head, but it's stuck in my head as "La Chupacabra."

thanks a lot.

Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
      I imagine the Ambien thing is a similar state to Sleep Paralysis. Basically the conscious mind is in a sleep state, but the body is not so you have very vivid hallucinations AKA dreams.

This is why I think drugs like this should be left alone. Screwing with brain chemistry, which we as humans admittedly don't fully understand, has clearly presented itself as not being the wisest of ideas. Yet here we go on and keep on doing it.
      Sleep walking and sleep paralysis are related, though opposite.

With sleep walking, your conscious mind is sleeping but your body is active. With sleep paralysis, your conscious mind is awake but your body is still in sleep mode.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
        I imagine the Ambien thing is a similar state to Sleep Paralysis. Basically the conscious mind is in a sleep state, but the body is not so you have very vivid hallucinations AKA dreams.

This is why I think drugs like this should be left alone. Screwing with brain chemistry, which we as humans admittedly don't fully understand, has clearly presented itself as not being the wisest of ideas. Yet here we go on and keep on doing it.
        From what I've read here combined with some experience of it and reading the SPC, it's not Sleep Paralysis.

It has a small potential to cause behavioural changes combined with an temporary amnesia effect (that lasts a bit after waking up) which whilst not fun is better than some of the other side effects I've had to endure for a good nights sleep
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          English translation please? Besides La Chupacabra, not all of us here speak Spanish
          La Chupacabra, La Chupacabra,
          Ya no quiere caminar,
          Porque no tiene, porque le falta,
          Marijuana que fumar.

As I understand it, the chupacabra is a mythical horror beast in Mexican folklore.

The Chupacabra, the Chupacabra
          He doesn't want to travel anymore
          Because he doesn't have, because he lacks
          Marijuana to smoke.

Of course the original song was about Francisco "Pancho" Villa, whose nickname was La Cucaracha (The Cockroach):

La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha
          Ya no puede caminar
          Porque no tiene, porque le falta
          Marijuana por fumar.

(Notice that La Chupacabra's lack of marijuana takes away his desire to travel, while Pancho Villa's lack renders him unable to travel.)
          Last edited by SylviasDaddy; 10-30-2008, 04:48 AM. Reason: Error in final line of "La Cucaracha"

Comment

Thanks muchly for that translation.

Of course, the other night I was singing "La Chupacabra" and humming the rest, so now I have it stuck in my head as well!
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've been a chronic insomniac fo the past 15 years or so and Ambien is a huge help for me.
              The side-effects can be weird though. I've had nights when I stayed on the computer too long after taking the pill and - in the morning - found that I made some really weird posts on certain message boards of which I remember nothing. It can be compared to being really drunk, it includes giggling, wooziness and amnesia.
              Still, it does help.

Comment

Quoth SylviasDaddy View Post
                La Chupacabra, La Chupacabra,
                Ya no quiere caminar,
                Porque no tiene, porque le falta,
                Marijuana que fumar.

As I understand it, the chupacabra is a mythical horror beast in Mexican folklore.

The Chupacabra, the Chupacabra
                He doesn't want to travel anymore
                Because he doesn't have, because he lacks
                Marijuana to smoke.

Of course the original song was about Francisco "Pancho" Villa, whose nickname was La Cucaracha (The Cockroach):

La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha
                Ya no puede caminar
                Porque no tiene, porque le falta
                Marijuana por fumar.

(Notice that La Chupacabra's lack of marijuana takes away his desire to travel, while Pancho Villa's lack renders him unable to travel.)
                Dangit. I learned that song in grade school and sang it for extra credit in Spanish class. Never knew what it meant.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                X