This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy dirt lady

While working at WM i got paged for a carry out of a package of soil(Miracle Gro stuff), sometimes the bags break during the bags' transit from the back of the store to the L&G department.

ME: me
    DL: Dirt lady

ME: Hi, How can i help you.
    DL: There's dirt on this bag.
    <I wipe off the dirt and check the bag for rips. The bags in good shape>
    DL: You ca't get it any cleaner?
    ME: We'll I could try rinsing it with the hose(we have a hose for watering our plants)
    DL: That's not good enogh, can't you like, light a fire so the sprinkler system will wash it off?
    Me: No, I 'd get fired for that.
    DL: So, you'd rather keep your loser job here then sell me a clean package of dirt??
    (Hmm. sell you a clean package of dirt ore cause an evacuation of the store that will get me fired and possibly arrested let me think about that)
    ME: Yes.
    DL: You lost a sale, I'm sure the(crappy hardware store down the street) will appreciate customer service.
    (yes I'm sure they'll light a fire to wash off your package of dirt)

She called management and they refused her demand for a gift card, the same manager also denied a guy who wanted a refund and exterior paint that he used inside his house, I missed him. when he left to go to a new store he was one of the few who would take a stand for the workers against SCs

So she wanted you to ruin million of dollars worth of stuff in the store for a 2.00 bag of dirt. MMM Me thinks that one isn't too bright. I shutter to think the reason why she thinks that is a acceptable way of washing off a bag of dirt. Do you think other stores have done that for her?????

I have always said that I really believe that people wake up in the morning and want to see how far they can push the envelope.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
      ME: We'll I could try rinsing it with the hose(we have a hose for watering our plants)
      DL: That's not good enogh, can't you like, light a fire so the sprinkler system will wash it off?
      as a side note, that is a horrible idea on how to clean off a bag... the sprinkler systems (at least the ones I've seen) are designed for maximum dispersion to get water over as large an area as possible... for cleaning purposes you want something that is focused and concentrated.

eta- and if you really did want to set off the sprinklers you don't have to have a fire... the majority of them work by having a piece of heat sensitive glass holding the valve closed, when it heats up enough (ie when there is a fire underneath it) the glass breaks allowing the valve to open... all you'd have to do to set off the sprinkler for her is find something to break the glass with... a hanger works well for that (and I of course am not speaking from experience )
      Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        (and I of course am not speaking from experience )
        Riiiight. And how many sprinklers have you *not* set off?

And I don't understand why someone buying a bag of...DIRT needs the bag to be clean. I mean...you're buying dirt.
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

But... it's a bag of dirt.

Comment

And I thought I had bad logic skills.

Comment

I've got a jar of dirt! Oh no! It's dirty!
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

From working in the sprinkler business I can tell you that the water in those systems is one of the most horrible smells in the world. It sits in those pipes for months, and comes out black as dirt. Not what you want to wash anything off with.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                  Riiiight. And how many sprinklers have you *not* set off?

actually this time it really wasn't me... it was someone on the same floor as me in the dorms... for reasons no one can guess he decided to hang his laundry on the fire sprinkler and while struggling to get it off broke the glass thing that control the valve...

see, this time I really was innocent (for once)
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIRTY BAG OF DIRT?!?
                    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      see, this time I really was innocent (for once)
                      Lies. We all know you put the idea in his head, via subliminal messages you planted in the pirated mp3 collection he keeps on his ipod!
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

DL: So, you'd rather keep your loser job here then sell me a clean package of dirt??
                        , Apologies for laughing at this when you had to deal with this star of an Sc,
                        I have a bad sense of humour .
                        That question is amusing, if confusing.
                        Why the hell would anyone specifically need a 'clean' bag of compost? It's just going to get filthy as soon as you start using it.
                        Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Me: No, I 'd get fired for that.

I just can't fathom.. I can't even find words..
                          whohatesshrimp?

Comment

"Sure... Cos after you leave all offended, I'll just go and tell everyone about you. Right now there's a whole message board of people who, by tonight, will be thinking, ...dang that lady was a total stuck up bitch."

If only you could really tell them the truth...

(and... ... dang that lady was a total stuck-up bitch.)

Comment

Quoth going gaga View Post
                              Why the hell would anyone specifically need a 'clean' bag of compost? It's just going to get filthy as soon as you start using it.
                              Typically you want the compost on your flowerbed and/or in your greenhouse - not all over the back of your car.

For example.

Comment

Working...
                              X