Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, if coffee shops are going to charge that much for a drink, it had *better* be made the proper way. I mean, I can make perfectly acceptable coffee with free tap water (statistics say it costs a tiny fraction of a cent per litre to deliver in this area), about 5p worth of electricity to boil it, a tiny fraction of a jar of instant coffee, a few lumps of sugar and a bit of milk. I'd be surprised if the total cost of raw materials was more than 10p.

Now I do realise that actual freshly-roasted beans cost more, and so does labour and rent. But if the overheads are a substantial part of the cost, then it makes sense to use good ingredients, yes?

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
      Holy crap. It might as well be a why-bother!
      Question I ask people is "Why would I, or anyone voluntarily drink decaf?" The horrible taste, and none of the caffiene that wakes you up. Yes, you can tell the difference.

An expensive name, high prices, and good marketing does NOT make good coffee. No offense to Bucks workers, but I have had the swill at airport joints and made me want to retch.

I am thinking about starting a coffee shop.

We will have 2 styles of coffee. Regular, and Wuss.

Regular is my regular brew that can strip paint off walls from 30 paces.

Wuss is a cup of hot water.
      I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Working...
      X