This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do you rent rooms to people without ID?"

This question can never lead to anythign good and of course tonight was no exception. Our starting pitcher will be me, the hotel clerk. Batting tonight for the Colorado Sucky Customers, will be Jack Ass.

SC: Do you rent rooms to people without ID? I just came from the other place (Motel 6) and they wouldn't rent to me.
    Me: I'm sorry, but we're no different. We have to have an ID.
    SC: Some on! I've been on a bus all the way from New Mexico and I just need a room. Swing and a miss for sob story

(How the hell do you get a buss ticket and board the bus without ID?)

Me: I'm sorry, but we have to have ID to check you in.
    SC: What if I gave you an extra $200? Strike 2 for bribery
    Me: I'm sorry, but we need ID.
    SC: Is there a manager here? (WTF? At 1 in the morning?) Strike 3 for wanting to appeal to someone higher up for not hearing an answer they like.
    Me: They would tell you the same thing.
    SC: Are there any other hotels that would allow me to check in without ID?
    Me: All the hotels around here require ID. I don't know of any that don't.
    SC: Are you sure you can't check me in without ID? (Oh how I hate being asked if I'm sure about something.)
    Me: As I said before, we have to have ID to check you in.

SC at this point steps away from the plate knowing he has struck out.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

urg, we aren't sticklers everything here...but my main beef about this is why do these POS's want to see a manager at 1-5am? Why THOSE times do people want to speak with a manager? Why? Cuz they suck... Do they really, truly expect a manager to be here at that hour? dumb, just dumb
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

I rented a room at an Econo Lodge last week and wasn't asked for ID. I have one, but the guy never asked to see it. I did think that was odd. I feel kind of bad for that guy, but it's just common sense to travel with ID, unless he forgot it, or else maybe doesn't have one for some shady reason.

Comment

He wanted to rent without ID? Did he have a woman with him? You know, the woman who is NOT his wife.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I used to get that all the time. I always ask for ID because people tend to want to pay with a credit card. How do I know this card isn't stolen? I can only take your word for it and, I'm sorry, but I'm almost NEVER in a trusting mood.

Let the door hit you on the way out.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Hmm..I'm trying to remember.

I'm not sure I ever stayed in a hotel that asked for ID.

I could be wrong, though.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
              Hmm..I'm trying to remember.

I'm not sure I ever stayed in a hotel that asked for ID.

I could be wrong, though.
              Interesting... I've never been in a hotel that hasn't asked for ID...

I know we require ID for multiple reasons... one for the credit card, the second to verify that you are old enough to stay at the hotel (minimum check in age is 18 in Utah), and third so we have your address if say you leave something in the room that needs to be mailed (or you take something from the room and we need to send collections out to you).
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ditto what Smiley said.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Every place must be different.. I have travelled all over the country on business and have been asked for ID only one time (at a Red Roof Inn outside of Dayton).

Maybe because I pre-book? Maybe because my handsome visage and incredibly soothing personality?
                  Eben56
                  If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Now I will play devil's advocate for one moment and say I can think of a reason he would need to rent without an ID -- it's happened to me before. I was driving to Momma's house with Daughter when she was about 2 and the husband was going to be meeting me there a few days later. Daughter and I stop to eat lunch, we get back in the car and drive off. I realized, when we reached the hotel (drive was too long for one day, so we were breaking in the middle), that I had left my wallet in the restaurant and I had no ID (luckily, I had a credit card -- I keep the emergency one well hidden in my suitcase always in case something happens to my purse).

I, however, did not get mad try to bribe anyone or ask for a manager. I explained, very calmly and sheepishly, to the hotel clerk what had happened and asked if there was anything we could do. They were very cool and let me do two things -- 1) change the credit card used to pay for the room so it was the one I had (so I could call the credit card company and cancel the other one) and 2) let me call my husband, who faxed a copy of my license (we have copies of everything in our wallets at the house). They were very nice and understanding.

There are a few legitimate reasons he could need to rent a room without an ID, but go into such situations humble and knowing that, if they let you, people are going to be bending rules. No one should ever EXPECT rules to be bent for them!
                    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      SC: Are there any other hotels that would allow me to check in without ID?
                      I know of a place but their rooms don't have views. Would you like me to call one of their "shuttles" for you?

Comment

Working...
                      X