No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did end up napping, couldn't keep my eyes open...and I did nap for about 3 hours or so, I think. As if my days off don't go fast enough!!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• ... and yet another reason why I love Stephen Colbert.

On tonight's show (Jan.31/12), his guest was Björk.

He announced her at the beginning of his show by doing a Swedish Chef impression. Complete with wooden cooking utensils.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I wonder if tattoos under fingernails/toenails would work. Or would they grow out with the nails?

Kind of a thumbnail sketch.

I don't care how tender and delicate it is where your tat is, this'd be trumps in the Flinch Factor sweepstakes... and you could show it off in public.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I guess you'd have to take the whole nail off, let it heal a bit and tattoo it before the nail grows back. I think any picture would look like a blob, although if you did it as just a solid colour then that's one coat of nail polish that would never need replacing.

Can someone please tell me that I'm not the only mum that is excited about her kids growing up? I'm really happy that they're at school and kindy, they're happy and I love how their personalities are changing. I just feel like I'm the odd one out because I don't want to keep them at home with me every second of every day. I love spending time with them but they are their own people, they aren't extensions of Rugz and me.
          Last edited by Mishi; 02-01-2012, 11:48 AM.
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I wonder why the man of the household insists on giving me a complete play by play of a movie that if I was at all interested in watching, I would've.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• If I cook up with a werewolf story for an upcoming anthology by Chaosium, and I somehow get accepted, what are the chances I will actually get paid?
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• If it wasn't for music, I think I'd be dead. Seriously. (Drowning out my troubles right now to The 80s on 8)
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Some Performers give me a headache, since when is sword fighters pointing their swords at a camera a unique photo? If you supposedly bust your ass to create your photo, then you might have wanted to bust it a little harder.
                  I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• If PayPal was really going to email me, somehow I think they would know better than to start the email with, "Dear PayPal Costumer."
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      If PayPal was really going to email me, somehow I think they would know better than to start the email with, "Dear PayPal Costumer."
                      Aren't you wearing a fury suit?

... or would that be dodging the issue?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Aren't you wearing a fury suit?

... or would that be dodging the issue?
                        Not at the moment...

I also got one that started out with something like "I am writing to accost you..."
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I am reading "The Thorn Birds" and have come to the undoubtedly unpopular conclusion that Father Ralph is a douche. And I hope he never comes back, but I bet he will.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Roomie and I are hanging out at my sister's house tonight. Shortly after my niece and nephew went to bed (at 8) my sister and brother in law went out to eat. Right before leaving sis took me into the kitchen and point out the alcohol and said 'Help yourself.'
                            Roomie and I settled on some creme de menthe, milk, and chocolate syrup.
                            York peppermint patty in alcohol form anyone?
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Six days left at work. I don't know if I'm happy or sad, but I think a post or two might be in order, four years of shit and I haven't really bought any of that joy to the boards.

I will miss some clients though and I feel kind of shitty that I might not be able to tell them I'm leaving unless they happen to call next week.
                              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

• Anyone else want to see Gordon Ramsey compete on Iron Chef America?

Or is that just me?
                                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                                X