Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary ban on black cat adoptions (Halloween)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/0...-warm-fuzzies/

I would too Becks, I would too.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      Pictures?

One of the Worst Ever days of my life (long story) was when I lost my dear friend. (Click on the big twinkly star in the right-hand corner to see his picture) (You can read about the long story here. )

His brother Sam, who's keeping me company

And a bonus:

My Neko's passing was a double-edged sword in that while it was a very bitter blow for me, I was also able to rescue two new furry friends. Literally *hours* after he went, a mother-and-son pair of strays appeared on my doorstep:

K.C. is the younger. He's roughly about a year old now. Rambunctious little guy but very sweet, although he's pretty independent about being cuddled: when he decides he's had enough he scampers away. His father must've been a fairly large cat, because he's grown into a BIG boy and has huge clodhoppers for feet. He sounds like a horse when he runs around the house!

And here is his momma the Queen Bee, who's older by no more than about 6 months. (Reason #123124124 why spaying and neutering is so strongly recommended: cats can start breeding when they're not even a full year old yet!) (I call her the Queen Bee because in spite of her youth she acts like it. Her and Sam do NOT like each other.)

In addition to giving them a new Forever home, I may well have saved Momma's life - when I took her in to be spayed the vet discovered she had an infection (probably an abscess from a fight; not uncommon for strays) that was making her lose weight and become real lethargic. If it had been left unchecked she might well have died from the infection and lack of nutrition (as she wasn't eating anything). A regular dose of medicine and some special food and she was much better within weeks. Very sweet kitty, she loves to be a lap cat. I suspect that she had had a home once before but because of some bad habits (like getting into the garbage can) she got kicked outside and was left to fend for herself (thereby getting pregnant and so on).

It's interesting because for over 20 years I've had all black cats (I refer to them as the Four Kings - Charlie, Bubba, Neko and Sam), and these two are the first ones to be colors other than black. But with the uncanny timing of their appearance, how could I resist? I really do believe that there are certain mysteries in life...

/spamming you all with my cats
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

*GLOMP*
        Kitties!! Just the thing to make a surprise test in Latin all better! :3
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

My ex-sister in law's black cat disappeared on a Halloween night many years ago. They still don't know what happened to him.

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
            /spamming you all with my cats
            That's quite all right; they're all beautiful.

I'm sorry about your Neko; he was stunning, and sounds like a wonderful friend.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I am a sucker for cats. 11 are currently living with me, 5 of which are black. No, I'm not completely insane, I promise! I foster for our local shelter, or i wouldn't be so overrun.

Comment

One of my cats is completely black, and my mom always used to tell me to be especially careful about not letting her get outside around this time of year...........not that there have been any incidents in my area, but I guess you never know.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  That's quite all right; they're all beautiful.

I'm sorry about your Neko; he was stunning, and sounds like a wonderful friend.
                  Thanks.

I still miss Neko and I'm still having trouble adjusting to life without him. I still have times where I feel this terrible pain and miss him so much. And I feel confused in a way because if I HAD been able to handle his passing the way I wanted, I wouldn't have had the money to be able to save Mama and K.C.. It just hurts and sucks all around.

I think that after my surviving elder cat goes (please all gods not anytime soon), that's it, no more cats for me - I just can't take this kind of heartache anymore, and I KNOW I couldn't handle another situation like Neko's. This is the second time now where I've felt like my heart got literally torn out of its chest (first was when I lost my beloved Charlie, liver disease). I don't think I can handle a third time.

/angst spam
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                  X