Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And at Callahan's, all payments are in one dollar bills, unless your name is Big Beef McCaffery.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Someone tried that with us. Our computer store was next to our bank. When my boss was looking to start his business he noticed that the space next to the bank that gave him the loan was available. Since it would be awesome to be next door to your bank...he rented it.

Guy comes in with a computer that's toast. It seems that the computer was next to the water cooler and when he slipped putting in a new and full bottle...B'zzzzttt!

So he was pissed that our warranty does not cover acts of clutz and had to buy a new computer. He came in with $2,000 worth of pennies to pay for the new one. We simply walked it over to the bank and dumped it into the coin counting machine that's free to bank customers. Saw that the amount was correct, took the slip to the teller, deposited it, made the douchebag sign the invoice and took him back to pick up his computer.

No muss, no fuss. Pissed him off to no end that he didn't get to see us get upset or annoyed that he did that and that we had a ready solution next door.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
        We simply walked it over to the bank and dumped it into the coin counting machine that's free to bank customers. Saw that the amount was correct, took the slip to the teller, deposited it, made the douchebag sign the invoice and took him back to pick up his computer.
        Fail troll is fail!

*MOD'S NOTE - Trimmed excessive quote. Please edit quotes.
        Last edited by Ree; 03-18-2013, 11:20 AM. Reason: Trimmed excessive quote
        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          We simply walked it over to the bank and dumped it into the coin counting machine that's free to bank customers.
          This reminds Smiley of one of the few things he misses from Salt Lake Shitty... being only 4 miles away from a bank branch with a jet sort... now I had to drive 15 miles to get to the closest branch with a jet sort or pay the outrageous fees for coinstar

As it is, we had a guest who was so upset over the fact that we don't give out dimes for our ticket redemption, we only do pennies, nickles, and quarters (well, and bills of course), that he decided to pay for his dinner $100 tab entirely in nickels (yes, he was that upset about getting two nickels instead of a dime because it was such an inconvience... which I can understand, personally, I don't like nickels, I prefer dimes, but I'm not going to get upset over legal tender as long as it totals the right amount)... I don't think he was amused when the cashier simply called security to do a coin drop, had him bring over the armored cart, dumped the nickels into it, hauled the cart to the cage and opened it up over a specially designed jet sort just for the purpose and had his total in seconds... he spent more time filling out the paperwork for the coin drop that he had requested by default than we spent counting (well, we as in my coworkers who work in the cage, I simply witnessed it while I was checking out my drawer).
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

'Oh wow! Change! We never have enough!'
            That actually happened to one of my friends. She had about 3-4 dollars worth of pennies to spend on something, but she was very polite and asked if that was OK first. Turned out they were dreadfully short on pennies.

Comment

Somewhere, a penny collector has started drooling, and doesn't know why, lmao
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
              X