This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Touristy Stories

For some reason or another it's gotten busy here in Tourist Town, Hawaii, and that means that lots more people have come through my store.

How Do People This Terrible get so Very Rich?

I had a 'gentleman' come up to my register and purchase something or another with cash. I hand him back his coin change, 80 some cents, and he says, "I don't want it, YOU can have it!" He then throws the coins at the counter, where they ricochet off onto the floor. He looks satisfied and goes away. I leave it, figuring I'll get it later if I feel like scrounging on the floor for some bus money. The man then comes back, this time with a muffin and a dollar bill.

Jerk: Here! It's a dollar, right?
    Me: No, it's 1.25, plus tax.
    Jerk: The sign says a dollar!!!
    Me: *looks at sign that clearly says 1.25* It definitely says 1.25. And then there is tax.
    Jerk: Well fine! You can get the rest out of the money I gave you! *storms off*

Guess who got to scrounge around on the floor after all....

Canadians Are Funny

Me: Here's your change! *gives back a handful of coins*
    Every Canadian Ever: Oh, thanks. Did you know we got rid of our pennies in Canada?
    Me: Oh no, had no idea, do tell in great detail...
    ECE: Blahblah blah blah blah blah!

ECE: Hey, do you carry clamato juice?
    Me: No, we have Bud Light with Clamato, though.
    ECE: What? What am I going to do without clamatoooooooooo???

Here is a quick one about my boss. The other day before work, my boyfriend and I decided to go break into some fancy hotel pools- I mean, go swimming in the free public beach. We left our things in the backroom of my store so they would be safe. When we were done, I went into the store to get my clothes, and the Big Boss, who looks just like Michael McDonald, was talking to the manager. I got my clothes really fast and slunk away, because even though I had permission from the manager leave my stuff there, I wasn't sure if ol' Michael would approve. I thought he would be gone by the time I started my shift, but nope, he was still there. Our meeting went down something like this:

Michael: Are you on time?
    Me: Yep, I have a minute, actually.
    Michael: I see. Did you have a nice time at the beach?
    Me: *phew* Yes, it was very nice.
    Michael: I see. Do you own an iron?
    Me:...are you saying my shirt is wrinkly?
    Michael: When you are in that shirt, you are the face of the company, you know. You must make a good impression!
    Me: Oh ok. Um, I'll look for my iron.

For the record, my shirt is missing three buttons and I lost my name tag two months ago. He has yet to notice.

Quoth starlee View Post
    How Do People This Terrible get so Very Rich?

Jerk: Here! It's a dollar, right?
    Me: No, it's 1.25, plus tax.
    Jerk: The sign says a dollar!!!
    Me: *looks at sign that clearly says 1.25* It definitely says 1.25. And then there is tax.
    Jerk: Well fine! You can get the rest out of the money I gave you! *storms off*
    I would have told him, "No, that became MY money the second you gave it to me. I'm not paying for YOUR food out of MY money. 1.25 or we'll charge you with theft."

Jerky Jerk was a jerk. Details at eleven.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

To RichGuy -- "I don't recall you giving me any money beyond the cost of your first purchase. You seem to have dropped some coins on the floor, however. I imagine they're still down there." ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth starlee View Post
        *snip*

Canadians Are Funny

Me: Here's your change! *gives back a handful of coins*
        Every Canadian Ever: Oh, thanks. Did you know we got rid of our pennies in Canada?
        Me: Oh no, had no idea, do tell in great detail...
        ECE: Blahblah blah blah blah blah!

*snip*
        Hey, what can I say ... not much happens up here, so pretty much anything becomes a BIIIG thing ...

As for the second ECE, in appropriate Canadian fashion, I'd like to apologize for whiners like that. What are you going to DOOOOOOO without clamato juice? I dunno; try it and find out ...

Comment

Working...
        X