X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Lady!

Me: Awesome game store manager
    SC: Lady with kids

Lady and kids come into store, kids run off while parent is perusing games and pick up a random game and start playing with it. This is out of sight of the parent. I tell the kids to put the game down and they oblige surprisingly enough. I go to help the Lady and this conversation ensues.

Me: Can I give you a hand with something today?
    SC: Do you hate kids?
    Me: No Ma'am, I dont hate kids. I have 8 brothers and sisters whom I love.
    SC: You must hate kids.
    Me: well I dont like it when parents leave their children unattended in the store and the children run around and break things.
    SC: I was told not to come here because you hate children. No one ever comes here because of that.
    Me: *looks around at a store full of people* Sorry if you feel that way.
    SC: *Storms out*

Ya, no one comes here. She must be blind to not see the 30-40 people that we had in the store at the time.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

"Nobogy goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Supposedly said by Yogi Berra...

Her problem was that you dared to tell her little snowflake not to play with the merchandise. After all, it's a game store! Games are for playing with! And it would keep the kid busy so Mommy Dumbest wouldn't have to supervise him! You mean old person, you!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Do you hate kids?"
      No, but I hate stupid parents who won't watch their kids or make them behave!

Yep, any time you dare correct their child you "must not have kids" or "must hate kids". Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that your child was wrecking expensive video games and Mummsy couldn't be arsed to stop them.

At my store, I've had to step in when some kid was messing with breakable glass items, sharp scissors, or standing with their face right up against the cutting guide at the fabric cutting counter. Yep, Mommie Dearest thought I was a horrible child hater who obviously didn't have kids. Gee, guess that young fellow living at my home whom I distinctly remember giving birth to must be a figment of my child-hating imagination.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"Do you hate kids?"

No, I hate everybody, especially people who touch our stuff without asking first.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
          Me: *makes a show of looking around at a store full of people* Oh, yeah. *does a huge sweeping motion with hand to show off customers* Of course nobody comes here, it's totally empty!
          Fixed it for you, how much do you want to bet she would've shit herself in anger if you said and did the above?
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

"Then you must not follow directions like your kids, since you came here when you were told not to come here..."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              "Do you hate kids?"

No, I hate everybody equally
              Fixed that for you (Its probably what I would say)
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"No, I don't hate kids. I DO hate it when kids get hurt playing with things they shouldn't while their parents don't seem to care."
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

"Do you hate kids?!?!?"

Why no. In fact, I love them unless they're over cooked...

Comment

Quoth Jim View Post
                    "Do you hate kids?!?!?"

Why no. In fact, I love them unless they're over cooked...

"I love kids! But I could never eat a whole one."
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

be fun to see if you could get away with something like this:

"Oh, I love kids! They are such blessings! It just makes me cry to see how many parents don't take proper care of them. Don't you think? Isn't it just horrible when parents are blessed with children, only to neglect raising them properly? It's not their fault, the poor darlings. I just feel so sorry for them, knowing that it's all because their parents aren't paying proper attention...."

Never actually accusing the parent in front of you of anything, rather acting as though *of course* they'd agree with you.

Comment

Five'll get you ten that SC was "told that" by a previous neglectful parent.

Comment

I saw something like that happen at a Wal-Mart a few years back. Some kids in the toy section got a couple of the big inflatable balls out of the rack and started to bounce them around. One of the clerks politely asked them not to bounce the balls in the store. They put them back, but their mother tore into the clerk, telling her that "you must not have any kids!" She replied back, "Actually, I do have kids, and they know not to act like that!"
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                          X