This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hissed at

I haven't posted in forever, because I got out of retail and have been working in community corrections for about 6 years now. I have a lot of things I WISH I could post, but usually I can't. Until this one.

I am a case manager. There are about 12 of us, when one of us goes on a vacation or takes an extended time off, they assign thier clients to meet with the other case managers. Clients have to meet with their case manager at least once a week.

So another case manager goes on vacation and assigns her clients to the other CM's. She notifies the clients by posted two large notes in the tech office (Where client's go when they need something like meds, or to sign in and out of the facility) and also gives each client a note of which CM they are going to see for that week.

I had 6 of hers that week, plus 8 from another CM who was out sick to add to my already extended case load of 31. No problem, weekly meetings are usually quick and easy. But three of hers have decided they aren't going to meet with me, and I am not one to chase people down to fulfill thier responsiblities.

When the other CM comes back, she writes up (disciplinary proceedings)the 3 who did not meet with me. That night I went over to that facility in order to file some paperwork. As I am walking down the stairs, one of the client's who failed to meet with me, looks up at me, bares her teeth, screws up her face and hisses at me like a cat. I just looked at her, and she does it again. I went to talk to the other CM and mentioned I really should have just started barking like a dog

In 6 years of community corrections, working with all kinds of people, I have NEVER been hissed at before

Don't we usually keep snakes in zoos?
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

If they hiss like a cat at you, hiss back louder. lol. cats discipline kittens by hissing. Or even worse, you could have looked at her and said 'ma'am, you need to take your cat home. cats are not allowed in this building'

Comment

Wonder if she's related to the creepy purring guy? Is...is emulating cats the latest thing now?
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I dunno, one of my best friends at work hisses at people all the time. The computers, too. We just do it back. Oh and she also meows. We all about died when the quiet Indian pharmacist hissed at her one day.

But um, yeah, if it was a stranger, I guess it would be off-putting.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

"Ma'am, have you sprung a leak? Do you need medical attention -- or perhaps just a patch?"

Comment

sounds like she's butthurt that she got in trouble for not putting in an effort to see you.

but hey since when were you suppose to hold her hand and make her go?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                "Ma'am, have you sprung a leak? Do you need medical attention -- or perhaps just a patch?"
                I almost broke the first rule
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I hiss and meow at my daughter and nephew, they reciprocate and life is good.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I've hissed at the really unreasonable SCs before, it seems to be a way to hopefully 'reset' some of them (WTF...did she really just hiss at me?!) that they can't complain about without looking like an idiot. I'll hiss at the SCOs all the time when they're acting up....sometimes, they'll start behaving again.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                    X