Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your Power Song for working out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Power Song for working out?

You know when you're working out, and you're at the stage of "meh, do I really feel like doing this anymore?" and suddenly a song comes on and you get a burst of energy?

What song does that for you?

(doesn't have to be just one, mind you)

A couple of mine are:
    The Outsider - A Perfect Circle
    Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
    Barracuda - Heart
    Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    The report button - not just for decoration

Quoth iradney View Post

A couple of mine are:
    The Outsider - A Perfect Circle
    Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
    Barracuda - Heart
    Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    Motorhead -- The Game
    Bodies -- Drowning Pool
    How Bad Do You Want It? -- Tim McGraw
    The Ecstasy of Gold -- Ennio Morricone (Theme from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)

Just off the top of my head...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Dragonborn, One They Fear, Watch the Skies, and Sovngarde, all from the Skyrim soundtrack. I bought that on a whim on iTunes a few weeks ago and when I'm at work, when any of those songs comes up on my iPod, I get an immediate perk in my step. Feel like I'm marching to battle or something. Pretty sure it would keep me going through a workout if I was actively working out at the moment...

Also: Rauta, Wooden Pints, Pellonpekko, Tuli Kokko, Paljon On Koskessa Kivia, Vodka, and Juodaan Viinaa (all from Korpiklaani); Hall of the Mountain King, Inquisition Symphony, and Worlds Collide (Apocalyptica); Gay Bar, Dance Commander (Electric Six); most of the Imaginaerum album from Nightwish; and A Static Lullaby's cover of Toxic.

Edit: -looks at list- I might have a thing for Finnish bands...

Comment

A couple of Ted Nugent ones.

I Just Want To Go Hunting

and

Fred Bear
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

This is going to sound cliched as hell but there's a reason for it:

Eye of the Tiger.

As to the reason: I ran track. And our lifting coach more or less controlled the radio. On dead lift days, that's what he'd play. There was just something about it...
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

volbeat-a warrior's call
            three days grace-break
            Halestorm-bad romance
            (hed)P.E.-renegade
            cake-the distance
            shinedown-Unity
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Wonder Woman, by Namie Amuro. It's just awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itB-dAienyU

Also:

P!nk: Raise Your Glass (don't judge me)

Professor Elemental: Back in the Swing of Things http://professorelemental.bandcamp.c...hings-91-remix

Pretty much any mashup by DJ Faroff: http://www.youtube.com/fanfaroff (Current favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2iBADvwyg)
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Make a man outta you - Mulan. Laugh all you want, it totally works.

And as much as I HATE admitting it, Ke$ha's songs, while terrible, have a decent rhythm for workouts. (You have no idea how hard it was for me to say that)
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Top of my workout playlist are:

Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Du Hast - Rametein

Breath - The Prodigy

Master of Puppets - Metallica

I'm sensing a theme here
                  "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                  "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                  "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I tend to workout at home with an exercise bike that does not have a working display, as well as an ab king machine and whatever else I can do. Because I can't time what I do therefore, I tend to rely on TV shows instead of music. I use youtube clips or TV shows, and workout how long I've done based on those. The usual programs I use are things like The Amazing Race, The Simpsons, any anime I can find and whatever the hell is on my hard drive

If I do want to dance around like an idiot though, I downloaded "Dance Dance Stop" off of iTunes. It's a Zumba song from their Exhilarate album. You do follow the instructions, but you can dance like a dork and nobody cares. I use it mainly as a warmup
                    Last edited by fireheart; 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Karma Chameleon.

Works every time.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                        And as much as I HATE admitting it, Ke$ha's songs, while terrible, have a decent rhythm for workouts. (You have no idea how hard it was for me to say that)
                        Would it make you feel better if I said my exercise playlist had some One Direction on it?
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                        X