This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, it's decision time

I think. Some of you may remember a few weeks ago I posted about my sick cat. His kidneys are failing and he has hyperthyroid. Well, he's stopped grooming himself and when we gave him a bath last week it just wiped. him. out.

We took him to the vet yesterday and our formerly 15lb cat is now 7lb. He's really weak now and very tired. (Crap, I'm crying now as I type this) So, I've really been feeling over the past week that it's time to say goodbye. I'll talk to the vet when we pick him up on Monday, but I don't think we'll pursue further treatment. Sad times.

I forgot to add, the vet thinks his thyroid medication has stopped working completely.
    Last edited by flybye023; 03-30-2013, 07:25 PM.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

I'm so sorry, flybye. It's so hard to say goodbye to furbabies.

Big gentle hugs for you and your kitty.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

You have my hugs and deepest sympathies. It's never an easy choice to make.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yup it's time. Have a good long cuddle...It's never a easy decision.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear your baby is going to go. Sit down and do your favorite bonding thing: read, lap and tv, snuggling, just good memories for you two. He IS in pain, doing this for him is good, but it just sucks.
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you both. Cry all you want; it hurts, I know. When it's over, he will never hurt again. Remember him young and healthy.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm so sorry. It is a very difficult and painful decision, but you must do what is best for your beloved friend.

I've been through that far too many times myself. You have my sympathies.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It sounds like time.

Give him love and cherishings, and a (very gentle) nuzzle from me.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'm so sorry - it's never an easy decision to make, but it's the kindest thing you can do for them. I've got several fur-babies at the Rainbow Bridge, including my avatar, Casey. Casey's passing was sudden, and I had no time to prepare. Enjoy your remaining time with him. Eventually you'll be able to focus on the good times, and the bad times won't be so painful.

Current fur-baby Donny sends gentle head-bonks.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

So sorry, but yeah, it is the best thing. Poor kitty. Hugs.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm so sorry. You are right, it's time to say good bye.

Comment

My sympathies to you and your furbaby. I've said goodbye to several and even though you know there's nothing else to be done, it's never easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X